Rush Limbaugh - done?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Since 1990 I've always had jobs where I would spend a ton of time behind the wheel of a car in and out of the Philadelphia and New York radio areas. Learned real quick that you can only listen to so much music. Irv Homer out of Philadelphia and Bob Grant out of New York were the two that got me interested in politics. In the early days Limbaugh did a lot of parodies that were epic. He was such a thorn in the side of the left.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Learned real quick that you can only listen to so much music.
Where you and I differ. Although I once was subjected to that horrible Staind song "I'm On the Outside" on four different radio stations simultaneously. I still have PTSD from that almost 20 years later and yes I still remember where it was. It was at the light of the 5 South off-ramp and Lake Forest.

But talk radio is worse. Not even political talk radio. The morning talking head shows are awful, even the apolitical ones. Just play f*cking music. And good music. At least there's Amazon Prime.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
sad and petty
Uh

There was nothing sad or petty about it.

I was serious.

That's the easiest, quickest thing to do. Though by no means definitive.

By default the radiologist would report on any anomalies.

A more definitive option would be a CT scan, but I doubt your insurance would pay for it unless you had some sort of serious medical history predisposing you to lung cancer.

Otherwise I doubt your primary care physician could even get insurance to pay for a chest xray for lung cancer screening.

A trip to the ER with shortness of breath and wheezing they're probably going to wheel the xray machine right in...

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Where you and I differ. Although I once was subjected to that horrible Staind song "I'm On the Outside" on four different radio stations simultaneously. I still have PTSD from that almost 20 years later and yes I still remember where it was. It was at the light of the 5 South off-ramp and Lake Forest.

But talk radio is worse. Not even political talk radio. The morning talking head shows are awful, even the apolitical ones. Just play f*cking music. And good music. At least there's Amazon Prime.
I’m on the road a lot, especially this time of year. I listen to music less than 10% of that time. Podcasts are a godsend, but no way could I deal with talk radio nonstop.

Reactions: trevorbc

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Didn't strike me as making fun of him...more like adding a visual to the narrative.

I can see how your confirmation bias would lead you in the direction you went though.
This is almost as rich as GDaddy claiming that trump wasn't technically wrong when he claimed KC was in Kansas. You apologists have no limits.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
An illustration of something is not necessarily making fun of it.

Though it certainly can be.

I'm not seeing Rush laughing or making an attempt at comedy.

Do you see that?

Free yourself from your confirmation bias.

Wasn't MJ Fox overmedicated in the video?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Do you see that?

He's calling him a fraud, that might be worse.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So just for the record, someone can be a lying propagandist, pure evil but we should all morn and be respectful?
That’s the difference between me and you. I can be respectful toward people I disagree with. You can only be a piece of sh!t.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
suddenly the erBB righties want to play by some code of ethics and morals. That’s rich.
I don't poke at people's family or health or employment problems. The only reason I give FF as much sht as I do is in response to what I get from him. He can dial it down any time he wants.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Do you see that?

He was culturally appropriating People of Parkinson's.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I’m on the road a lot, especially this time of year. I listen to music less than 10% of that time. Podcasts are a godsend, but no way could I deal with talk radio nonstop.
When I still used to get a daily newspaper, and I had a long commute (often), I could usually read the whole paper cover-to-cover during the drive, not to mention knocking out the crossword, sudoku, and junior jumble. That would pass the time pretty well.

I have to listen to people talk enough at work, the last thing I want to do is hear more people talk on the radio while I'm in the car.

Reactions: grapedrink