Out and about in Wuhan :)

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Something like 20 million people now under state quarantine in China? 17 cities?

The "official" count of cases coming through Chinese state channels is 9,000 and climbing.

The unofficial count coming from Wuhan province is 90,000 known cases.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I love the fine print:

Notice: All of the information found within the pages of this website have neither been endorsed nor approved by the FDA - better known as the Food & Drug Administration. Our only intention is to provide a resource of material for educational purposes, & by no means do we aim to take the place of an appropriately liscensed & medically trained doctor.

As mentioned above, we at no time intend for the information within this site to prevent or treat disease, cure or diagnose - nor replace any pre existing medical treatments one may have been currenly prescribed.

Please let is also be known that all outgoing links to other external sources or websites is also intended for educational purposes only, & has not been vetted entirely to be factual or 100% accurate. We assume no responsibility for information or products found on other websites - also including products included within this website. Let it be known that anyone looking to purchase the Miracle Mineral Supplement, also known as the MMS1 & CDS Solution - is expected to do their own due dilegence regarding these products.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Ebola or Coronavirus. Which would you generally like to have most?

1. Ebola has a kill rate of ~50% and you can hemorrhage from your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and ass hole
2. Coronavirus has a kill rate of ~2% and it's like the flu.

I know different illnesses kill more and some feel worse, but what illness would you genereally like most of the two? Coronavirus or Ebola?

I personally would enjoy Coronavirus over Ebola due to the kill rate and symptoms Ebola.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
We don't know the true mortality rate yet. Too soon. Let's see what the numbers are in a month.

Currently:

Case Fatality Rate (regular flu vs nCoV)
Flu = 0.1%
nCoV = 3.0%

RO (infection rate)
Flu = 1.28
nCoV = 2.5 to 3.5

Serious Complication Rate (ICU bed required)
Flu = < 1%
nCoV = 20%

Last edited:
Reactions: Norm'

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We don't know the true mortality rate yet. Too soon. Let's see what the numbers are in a month.

Currently:

Case Fatality Rate (regular flu vs nCoV)
Flu = 0.1%
nCoV = 3.0%

RO (infection rate)
Flu = 1.28
nCoV = 2.5 to 3.5

Serious Complication Rate (ICU bed required)
Flu = < 1%
nCoV = 20%

Where did you get this data?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mortality of the Spanish Flu Pandemic. The global mortality rate from the 1918/1919 pandemic is not known, but it is estimated that 10% to 20% of those who were infected died. With about a third of the world population infected, this case-fatality ratio means that 3% to 6% of the entire global population died.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wonder if you wore a mask and plastic gloves that would help?

I saw and Asian kid at school wearing a mask.

I wanted to quarantine my Chinese students but I don't think the school would be down with that.

Wo po ming by!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I read a book by a guy who worked for the CDC and he said this sh!t freaks him out.

It was only a matter of time before we get a real strong virus to kill lots of people.

You can bet they are trying to control information so people don't get spooked.

I'm actually excited to see what happens.

Kind of like when the Iranian dude got taken out.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I wonder if you wore a mask and plastic gloves that would help?

I saw and Asian kid at school wearing a mask.

I wanted to quarantine my Chinese students but I don't think the school would be down with that.

Wo po ming by!
I heard they actually wear masks to be polite to the non-sick people.

I just think that's racism

tom@daumtooling

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
San Clemente
Visit site
My sister has been living in Shanghai for the past couple years. She said that her condo complex is not allowing any nonresidents in and taking the temperature of any residents returning. I got a message that she was flying home yesterday. But, this morning I saw United had canceled all flights out of Shanghai. Hopefully, she got out ahead of the cancellations. She and her husband are planning on a voluntary quarantine as soon as they get here.

Reactions: gbg

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
almost related, did the vikings pick up new diseases when they were out plundering new lands?