What Boards You Got On Order?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
MC well chat on phone but even better on person:) Last board my AO I met him at Ventura surf shop and it was super kool talkin' shop with him and he was worried I would not be stocked on how color came out.
biggest issue with me is color ways. Can never make up my mind LOL. Have one for now but will change in my mind 10 times today

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
biggest issue with me is color ways. Can never make up my mind LOL. Have one for now but will change in my mind 10 times today
Kool how hard MC makes sure it comes out of glasssing correct and has enough experience to tell you what well work and what well not. My AO was suppose to have black rails but with epoxy and s glass looked purple:) Still stocked more important to me strength of glass job.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Kool how hard MC makes sure it comes out of glasssing correct and has enough experience to tell you what well work and what well not. My AO was suppose to have black rails but with epoxy and s glass looked purple:) Still stocked more important to me strength of glass job.
Black is tough on Epoxy and usually comes out Purple/Grey. I have two Solid Kiteboards and both have Black rails and you can tell which one is from a Rattle Can.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Black is tough on Epoxy and usually comes out Purple/Grey. I have two Solid Kiteboards and both have Black rails and you can tell which one is from a Rattle Can.
I like how they came out regardless call it cosmo purple or purple haze:) kinda fits the vibe of the AO which I tried to do a 80z wave tool paint with modern twist.

Reactions: need 4 speed

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
A bit longer than 2 weeks, but still not bad.
Yeah so the order went in on December 4 and will be delivered January 24. (7 weeks and 2 days) It was delayed past their two week goal because of the holidays and then there was a little issue with shipping. They quoted me $75 for shipping but then found when they were trying to get it out to me it was going to cost over $200 to ship. I have to give Rusty credit here, even though I offered to pay more they said no, they would eat it and get it out to me ASAP. Less than two months and eating the shipping is pretty amazing in my book. We'll see how the board turns out but so far I have nothing but good to say about Rusty surfboards.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Rode mynew blackbird today just to get the feel. Ended up being way too small but at least I got some waves so it won't be too foreign to me on a big day. Feels pretty wide so we'll see about that when it gets critical. But then again I generally surf CA reef waves when it's big and I'm not necessarily going to be knifing vertically straight into the barrel.

This board surprised me like the 6'4 in that when it was time to square up for a turn it really lit up. I got two nice hacks on shoulder high waves that actually felt prretty darn good for a 6'10"

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Need help re bonzers

I’m set on selling my eps mlv. Also gonna dump all my other eps boards.

Think I’m definitely set on trying a bumblebee

I’m happy with my oak twin

Should I get an ao at same time and have two twins? - and/or a pu mlv. I really love the mlv just gonna have so many new boards don’t know if I should just get one now and order others when I’m ready

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Got text this afternoon that both boards are done so I stopped by to pick them up. I was worried I was going to hold them up they usually leave by 5. But a couple friends were there bothering Wade working on the pinline design on a new board.

E5D95B5E-4577-4EF7-AC55-8EAD5A158A19.jpeg
The twin from Kerry is 5’8 x 20 c 2 3/4. 34 L.
Going to use the Power twin from FCS. He said it’s 7 3/4 up from tail.