Do you have a landline telephone?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
sort of. vonage - VOIP. for international calls, of which we make daily, lots cheaper than a cell phone. whenever i put something on Craigs list, i use it and have to stress NO TEXT, PHONE CALLS ONLY, which actually filters out a lot of the BS that comes with CL.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I have a landline. Not digital. Setup exclusively so that the family can call 911 and get a local dispatcher.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
sort of. vonage - VOIP. for international calls, of which we make daily, lots cheaper than a cell phone. whenever i put something on Craigs list, i use it and have to stress NO TEXT, PHONE CALLS ONLY, which actually filters out a lot of the BS that comes with CL.
I'm surprised Vonage is even in business with the advent of Skype, Whatsapp, etc. Although I can understand wanting to use a proper phone if you are making that many calls.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
We do. Not really sure why. Landlines sound better and we use it to talk to our folks and daughter at college.

Eunice, call me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
That's been fixed. You can reach a local dispatcher through digital or mobile now.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks! :drowning:

I think I'll keep the landline though because I'm not ready for my 6th grade daughter to have her own cell phone with service.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
yup same home phone since the late 50's
a wall mounted rotary super loud super annoying always works
dad was in the signal corps from WW2 to korea thru vietnam

electricity is a PIA when you don't have any
the world sucks on electricity's teet so bad
its a terrible addicton
gonna be a day when that and gas will be hard to find
like in the early 70's

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
No land line. The only time I miss it is when I want to send a fax.... like today. Scanning to PDF and then emailing sucks.