Wow

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I think the pressure would come from the flex/force the tail experiences via the water with a UL glass job, not the your foot.

My foot never touches the wings on my twin keels but the glass shows they must flex a whole lot regardless.

Mebbe I'm wrong.
The leash or any impact will be what does them in. The butt crack on that type of a tail is a real weak point not to mention that there is no stringer support.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Just needs some channels between the fins or some concave.

Like Gromsdad says, some glass support in the tail/fin area nice idea on the extra long pointy part.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Hah, 5'4. Thought so. He sure likes tiny boards.

Would be interesting to hear why Parker Coffin (at 5'6-5'7) would ride a 5'7. And I would love to see Noel on a 5'9 or so.

Reactions: need 4 speed

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Noel is a midget too, 5'8 at best. Trestles is a forgiving wave without a lot of current, easy to ride tiny boards out there.
I know. But what I mean is that he would do well to put some more rail in the water. Parker C looked great on one his own length, really driving off the bottom.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I know. But what I mean is that he would do well to put some more rail in the water. Parker C looked great on one his own length, really driving off the bottom.
Remember watching one of the other twinny reviews he did and said after trying a longer one he was bogging rail, went down an inch and it was much better. He’s also got a fairly narrow stance to accompany the diminutive height.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waterlogged05

encladd

OTF status
Oct 8, 2019
Remember watching one of the other twinny reviews he did and said after trying a longer one je was bogging rail, went down an inch and it was much better. He’s also got a fairly narrow stance to accompany the diminutive height.
Stance matters more than height. I'm 6'1 but that doesn't mean i'm built the same as the other guy that's 6'1. I have an extremely long torso and leg length of a guy 5'10 or so. Shorter boards make sense for me since my stance isn't as wide as one would think. Foot placement is everything in surfing.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Stance matters more than height. I'm 6'1 but that doesn't mean i'm built the same as the other guy that's 6'1. I have an extremely long torso and leg length of a guy 5'10 or so. Shorter boards make sense for me since my stance isn't as wide as one would think. Foot placement is everything in surfing.
Another factor usually unaccounted for. Stance width, leg length & foot size are all going to play a role in one's preferences. Usually most competent surfers have figured out what they do and do not like.

Reactions: chilly1