Stab in the Dark ( SPOILER ALERT DON'T READ IF U DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO WINS!!!)

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ask mick on twitter if he thinks the board caused his acl tear

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
wonder how the "dark shadow" differs from the shadow, seemed mick thought the original was alright in the last SITD
The boards I made for the SITD thing were based off the Shadow, but I made the mistake of making all the boards as long as they asked for, when in fact that sort of design need to be at least a full inch shorter than what a “normal” short board would be. The wider nose and wide point placement creates a straighter, more parallel outline that adds drive but makes the boards feel longer than they really are. If you listen to the feedback from the surfers (who are all super sensitive to even a 1/2” difference in length) you will see that was one of the issues I created. I blew it by not thinking it through well enough.‍♂‍♂‍♂

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
wonder how the "dark shadow" differs from the shadow, seemed mick thought the original was alright in the last SITD
The boards I made for the SITD thing were based off the Shadow, but I made the mistake of making all the boards as long as they asked for, when in fact that sort of design need to be at least a full inch shorter than what a “normal” short board would be. The wider nose and wide point placement creates a straighter, more parallel outline that adds drive but makes the boards feel longer than they really are. If you listen to the feedback from the surfers (who are all super sensitive to even a 1/2” difference in length) you will see that was one of the issues I created. I blew it by not thinking it through well enough