2 speeding tickets in 2 months, same spot- Encinitas

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Trial by declaration. They got her with the radar gun? How did they determine her speed?

Last edited:

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Trial by declaration. They got her with the radar gun? How did they determine her speed?
Radar gun on the second one, nothing on the first. Probably gonna do the trial by declaration and see ow it goes on the first one and play it that way.
The scene of the crimes was on El Cam where it's only 35 mph but everyone goes 50 especially when there is no traffic or red lights. Bike cops sit there and pick people off all morning. It's a cash cow for them. I'm definitely all for driving speed limits etc and I drive slow, but that spot is tricky. She's going to avoid that stretch from now on.
Sh!t happens, I suppose.

Belch out

Reactions: mundus

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
When was radar calibrated?

She was going with flow of traffic

only defense I can think of

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
ahahahahahaaaa

it's this weird risk aversion thing

maybe I shouldn't have said it out loud
You’re into risk aversion and you ride from the airport to here and back with my wife driving? :facepalm:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's mostly about me not getting a ticket on any given excursion

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Radar gun on the second one, nothing on the first. Probably gonna do the trial by declaration and see ow it goes on the first one and play it that way.
The scene of the crimes was on El Cam where it's only 35 mph but everyone goes 50 especially when there is no traffic or red lights. Bike cops sit there and pick people off all morning. It's a cash cow for them. I'm definitely all for driving speed limits etc and I drive slow, but that spot is tricky. She's going to avoid that stretch from now on.
Sh!t happens, I suppose.

Belch out
The guy with the walrus mustache? Like you said, every morning. A month ago, I was giving blood at Quest and looked out the window onto El Camino. Small construction truck got pulled over, next thing I know, the homies grab their tools and just walk away. I'm pretty sure the vehicle was heading for the impound lot.

One time heading North from the South end, I wasn't paying attention, see the copper with the radar start to rev up his bike, look down, "Oh crap, I'm doing 65". I figured the jig was up and immediately pull over. Turns out the cop was after the person in front of me and I nearly clipped him. He was pissed, but let me off. I used the "Gee, I know the speed limit here, I'm sorry, I was just following the person in front of me" line.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
go to the link i posted, he got my wife off for an illegal u turn

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
go to the link i posted, he got my wife off for an illegal u turn
I'll take a look into the MR Ticket guy, I'm usually suspect of those types of services but maybe it will work this time.
Figured on trying the trial by written declaration route and seeing how that pans out for the first ticket.
Traffic regularly goes 45+ in that area so 49-50 isn't too outrageous but it is speeding and illegal, I get it. She was just the unlucky one who got caught, twice. haha. funny not funny.

Belch out

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
The guy with the walrus mustache? Like you said, every morning. A month ago, I was giving blood at Quest and looked out the window onto El Camino. Small construction truck got pulled over, next thing I know, the homies grab their tools and just walk away. I'm pretty sure the vehicle was heading for the impound lot.

One time heading North from the South end, I wasn't paying attention, see the copper with the radar start to rev up his bike, look down, "Oh crap, I'm doing 65". I figured the jig was up and immediately pull over. Turns out the cop was after the person in front of me and I nearly clipped him. He was pissed, but let me off. I used the "Gee, I know the speed limit here, I'm sorry, I was just following the person in front of me" line.
Mr walrus mustache is officer Garcia, local legend to those in the know. Or so I'm told :) I've seen those bike cops there many times. At 730 AM there is very light traffic and it's super easy to drive by there at 45-50. Those cops always have people pulled over, like every morning. Cash cow for Encinitas, i guess.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
El Camino northbound the bike cops sit right in the driveway for Michael's and pick off cars all morning.
They will also go for South bound drivers there also. The limit is 50 at Home Depot, but turns to 35 South of the post office. Guess where they sit?

They also hang out at the South end of El Camino, hiding between parked cars.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Lots of driveways and cross traffic in that stretch of road. Same thing in Carlsbad near Hwy-78. On the nortbound side it goes from 55 up to Carlsbad Village to 35 in the next several blocks leading up to the freeway. Cross traffic and pedestrians.