A certain poster’s dream. Merry Christmas

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
If the value is higher in a neighborhood from monotony of same style homes that will be incentive enough for it to remain that way or for very little change to actually occur. That was part of my point all along.

mixed does not at all devalue property. In many cases it increases it. I do know this to be true from experience.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Oh boy.

if you can’t understand the simple fact that two family zoning doesn’t mean single family homes are abolished and this simply expands what a property owner can build there is no point in discussing further. The single family homes will remain, some new ones will be built and some multi family as well.

I mean what a horrible comparison to the CCW permit.

it’s a very simple thing you don’t want to understand.
No, you're being willfully ignorant on this.

No new single family homes will be built because they will not get permits. You have way too much trust in government. If you lived in this tyrannical shithole you'd see the CCW permit comparison is completely valid. Both are permits that are legally available to citizens, but unelected bureaucrats deny citizens the opportunity to get the legal permit.

it’s a very simple thing you don’t want to understand.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yep you’re not getting it.

If I contrived a fantasy land I’d make it a hell of a lot more enjoyable.
I get it. You just like a little puppy that won't let go

The first clue is that you're calling reality a fantasy land

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If the value is higher in a neighborhood from monotony of same style homes that will be incentive enough for it to remain that way or for very little change to actually occur. That was part of my point all along.

mixed does not at all devalue property. In many cases it increases it. I do know this to be true from experience.
I strongly doubt that. I do nothing but property valuation for my day job. All I do is look at residential, land, and commercial transactions for their values. Neighborhoods in transition from one use to the other show tend to show lower values for each when compared to single use neighborhoods. Mixed use projects show lower values for each component when compared to single use projects.

Now, redevelopment will increase an individual property's value compared to what it was before, but that's not a comparison of equivalents. It's not the same thing as saying mixed use neighborhoods show higher values for the same units than if they were located in a single use neighborhood.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
As to this point, an individual property owner acting in their own interest can act contrary to what their neighbors want and to their detriment.

The topic of vacation rentals in HI and how the locals think it adversely affects their community comes up on the regular in this forum. That amounts to properties being occupied and operated in a different manner than had previously existed in those areas. Go tell them they're not getting hurt by what their neighbors are doing.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Fair enough for your experience.

I deal with real estate and building and have found the opposite. Two family zones don’t arbitrarily mean that’s all that is built.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I get it. You just like a little puppy that won't let go

The first clue is that you're calling reality a fantasy land
That’s irony.

you think the evil gubermint will only grant permits for multi family.

that thought is wrong and shows how little experience you have. Just more #ireaditontheinternet

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That’s irony.

you think the evil gubermint will only grant permits for multi family.

that thought is wrong and shows how little experience you have. Just more #ireaditontheinternet
This is a top-down, state mandated program to force people to build more multifamily homes, and you think that the same people wanting to do that are just going to throw out permits that fly in the face of that program?

Naive

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There is zero forcing.

if owner to build two family that is now available to them.

it is also still available to them to build single family.

the bottom line is if you submit a permit for single family and knock off all the check marks you’ll get approved all the same as if you did it for multi.

it’s so simple.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There is zero forcing.

if owner to build two family that is now available to them.

it is also still available to them to build single family.

the bottom line is if you submit a permit for single family and knock off all the check marks you’ll get approved all the same as if you did it for multi.

it’s so simple.
Maybe in your locale. Not in the land of social engineering.

We have things like cities not issuing CoOs because the builder didn't put a bike rack in the garage or the originally approved irrigation angers Greta too much. There's more reasons why CA real estate is so expensive besides supply

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I wonder how many people will simply put a kitchenette and bathroom in a basement with its own entrance. Call it an extra unit, but end up using it for their own use or not at all?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Like I said, one of the few purposes of government that most people will acknowledge as being legitimate is the protection of property rights.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
BTW, I have seen examples of local jurisdictions actually conditioning approval on the developer increasing density and/or altering unit sizes. So that may not be an "always", but neither is it a "never".

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Protection of your property rights by (also) saying - within the codified limitations - what your neighbors can and can't do on their properties; and them having just as much right to expect the same of you.

These are existing property rights. I don't know why you're so quick to trivialize them.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
From what I can tell reading the other thread a certain poster is a raging closet (until today) white supremacist son of a bitch