sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Swell forecast yet?

Brief Overview (as of 12/2/19)
Western and Central North Pacific likely return to active phase later this week
Several strong NW swells look increasingly likely during the first half of the event window
Favorable wind is currently expected for the first few days of the event window

Reactions: mundus

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I think Jack is going to be in the Pipe Invitational which the top two places get into The Pipe Masters. He won the Volcom and is third in the Triple Crown race. Fred is the wild card for the injured ADS into the main event cause he won the QS. Ethan is in the Invitational cause he’s leading the Triple Crown. If John pulls out there will be another wild card spot.

Or I could be totally wrong. But I think that’s how they worked it out in the past.

Reactions: rts265

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I think Jack is going to be in the Pipe Invitational which the top two places get into The Pipe Masters. He won the Volcom and is third in the Triple Crown race. Fred is the wild card for the injured ADS into the main event cause he won the QS. Ethan is in the Invitational cause he’s leading the Triple Crown. If John pulls out there will be another wild card spot.

Or I could be totally wrong. But I think that’s how they worked it out in the past.
Do the trials happen during the Waiting period or just before? I can never remember (pot head)

These are trials I would like to watch. Most of the contenders will be better at Pipe than 80% of the CT roster.

Reactions: Redeyes

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
The waiting period for the trials starts on the 7th. The main event starts on the 8th. Forecast looks good starting Monday with midweek looking sizeable.

Been looking for the list for the invitational but not updated yet.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
The waiting period for the trials starts on the 7th. The main event starts on the 8th. Forecast looks good starting Monday with midweek looking sizeable.

Been looking for the list for the invitational but not updated yet.
So even though the waiting period for the trials starts early, it can still overlap with the actual event? sounds like it.

If so I believe they will run the trials on Monday on a building swell and so so wind so they can get the best conditions of the week on Tuesday for the event proper.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
SOLID NW on the charts for Thursday/Friday 12/12-13. Swell shifts NNW and contest will most likely wrap up Saturday/Sunday 12/14-15 in pumping Backdoor. If you play fantasy you should consider adding Zeke to your team. I expect him to get pushed through a few heats due to the locals social media uproar regarding the non interference call against Robo in the Sunset final.

Reactions: CJSB

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
SOLID NW on the charts for Thursday/Friday 12/12-13. Swell shifts NNW and contest will most likely wrap up Saturday/Sunday 12/14-15 in pumping Backdoor. If you play fantasy you should consider adding Zeke to your team. I expect him to get pushed through a few heats due to the locals social media uproar regarding the non interference call against Robo in the Sunset final.
Good tip on Fantasy, that would be my guess too.

It's looking like wind will be sh!t Thursday and Friday, doesn't it?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
The waiting period starts one day before the main event and goes thru the rest of the waiting period.

Heard Ivan Florence broke his arm at the Vans skate jam so probably won’t surf the Invitstional. Bummer he’s been sending it at Pipe.