Stretch Buzzsaw V2 !!

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I haven't tried it. But, out of curiosity what is it you're trying to get out of this setup?
I’m not/wasn’t. I took it to a shaper to show him what I’ve been riding. He was saying how wide the tail is he thinks twin + trailer would go good

Jan 18, 2014
Biolos has some pretty interesting things to say about twin + trailer setups on wider tails (vee vs concaves) in this vid. Start at around 4:15

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
I tried stretch's twin template with a small trifin center. It was not good. Slower rail to rail. Not the drive. Takes away the agility. Here's my theory why the twin plus trailer does not work in the Buzzsaw: there is a lot of concave and rocker in the tail with just a bit of v in the very last bit of the tail. These features lend to a quad or thruster set whereas if the rocker was flatter and the the v began further up the board the twin plus trailer would work. The board works as a thruster and best as a quad with the ST2 template. It is better at everything as a quad.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I tried stretch's twin template with a small trifin center. It was not good. Slower rail to rail. Not the drive. Takes away the agility. Here's my theory why the twin plus trailer does not work in the Buzzsaw: there is a lot of concave and rocker in the tail with just a bit of v in the very last bit of the tail. These features lend to a quad or thruster set whereas if the rocker was flatter and the the v began further up the board the twin plus trailer would work. The board works as a thruster and best as a quad with the ST2 template. It is better at everything as a quad.
Agree 100% and have any doubts buy the ST#2 five fin set up.

Reactions: rts265

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Agree 100% and have any doubts buy the ST#2 five fin set up.
I still think it's worth messing around with some different setups, I know in my 6'6" St#2's are the best, but in my 6'4" the Archbold fronts and future 4.15's (flat foil) go off. I've tried swapping them out, and was less than excited, but once I put them back in order, it was great again. I kinda skimmed a couple of those fin articles on surfline about fins recently, and one thing they talked about was using high rake fins, for boards with a fair amount of tail rocker?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I still think it's worth messing around with some different setups, I know in my 6'6" St#2's are the best, but in my 6'4" the Archbold fronts and future 4.15's (flat foil) go off. I've tried swapping them out, and was less than excited, but once I put them back in order, it was great again. I kinda skimmed a couple of those fin articles on surfline about fins recently, and one thing they talked about was using high rake fins, for boards with a fair amount of tail rocker?
For me so far my superbuzz was the only stretch board I had to dial in the fins because I ordered it with ST#3 which turned out to be $$$ with my gbuzz. I first tried stretch thruster set and worked pretty good but then I got ST#2 with my gbuzz and switched and bang money money. I love the template for fast breaking waves and waves with curve. Me personally I like my boards to have a one and out fin that works and so far stretch template fins been them even older red future f4 and fcs yellow been money

Reactions: rts265