New York help

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
Flying Standby. Gf and I have to be there for a weekend. Looks like No hotels under $250 a night(on the island). Recommendations for location with easy public transport?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
During the fall season is tough. Hotel tonight app can deliver some great deals at cool little midtown hotels but you can’t bank on that. Same room might be $400 one night and $150 another night. I use it occasionally if work or social stuff keeps me in Manhattan late, but that’s only when I see one of those super low rates, and it’s always on a random weeknight. If you are planning in advance prepare to pay. Or try the hotels in Long Island City. There are several, just a short hop from mid town on the 7 train

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
Flying Standby. Gf and I have to be there for a weekend. Looks like No hotels under $250 a night(on the island). Recommendations for location with easy public transport?
You can stay at the TWA Hotel at JKFK for about $160/night. Incredible architecture and about a 45 minute train ride to Manhattan. Doesn’t help much if you’re flying into LaGuardia or EWR.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
We found a nice AirBnB in Brooklyn with easy access to public transportation.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I have generally heard very good things from people who air BnB in nyc. For real. I even know business travellers who prefer it over the $400-800 per night hotel rooms they would otherwise be staying in

a charming large bedroom and private bath in a decent apartment or brownstone or whatever in a nice and convenient part of Brooklyn? that can hold vast appeal for many, over a generic midtown Sofitel or trendy downtown boutique

Reactions: nowayout

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I just checked the big Hostelling International NYC - great place to stay IMO - $68/night - but unfortunately Saturday night is sold out in the coed dorm.

That said, I'm sure there are loads of similar options for a similar price.

Last edited: