Missing kite surfer found by phone call

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
do you label your gear?

"Some 16 hours after three US Coast Guard stations began deploying crews in response to a 911 call about a black-clad surfer getting pushed out by waves, the missing person "called and reported themselves to be safe," officials of the branch's 5th District Mid-Atlantic region said Friday."

""Cases like this ... illustrate the importance of labeling your kayaks, canoes, kite boards and other recreational marine vehicles, so that in the event they are lost, or you are missing, we can reach out to contact you or return it," said Coast Guard Petty Officer 1st Class Alex Castonguay, a watchstander at the Sector Delaware Bay command center. "

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
thankz for thee up~date QuadFin,
i'd read of that incident, thought he might have gotten lucky from thee info stated...
my life~jacket/research kayak has my name + lil' sister's # on it, she is my emergency contact for authorities to call if i were to go missin' whilst out recreationin' or lookin' for my sharkz, ya dig? hope others who like to play off~shore do thee same, good tip forwarded!
rw

ps ~ though this photo is from a different day a few months ago,
in saw another 1 of these happen just a lil' while ago today,

right before thee sun arose here in L.A., yow~za!
:cool: