stretch boards support and board pron thread

Jan 18, 2014
I just got a response for my 2x4 step up and was suprised at no more fcs fusion boxes and was told any thing under 20" wide would not be good for sk8 deck. I have a buzzsaw which is 19" sk8 deck and rail channels I love and feel the control I have is insane after testing on a big beachbreak day coming out of barrel I went straight up vertical face and got a nice off the top in and came flying down face full speed and control. I am waiting for answer why stretch does not like the idea.

Interesting. I have two buzzsaws. One is a little longer and thinned out, one is short and chunky. Both under 20" wide and both with a sk8 deck.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
curious what he said about 2x4 and sk8.

Could it be that I don't like sk8 deck because I have the flattest feet you've ever seen?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
curious what he said about 2x4 and sk8.

Could it be that I don't like sk8 deck because I have the flattest feet you've ever seen?
He told me under 20" wide no go for sk8 deck so with out asking I assumed it was due to the foil. I then replied how I love the sk8 deck and how my buzzsaw was 19" and worked great but if sk8 deck problematic with 2x4 step up design or strength and flex I well trust your word and go normal deck.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Have had an 8'0" buzz gun for past 3 seasons. Insane board for medium waves here in San Francisco. I see a lot of them in the water (including kool-aid).

Good paddler, gets into waves early, super nimble for a big board, vee in the nose means you're cutting through the chop. Very confidence inspiring.

Bought it off the rack when I broke an old gun and was the best thing that ever happened to me. Will 100% be ordering another if mine ever goes.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I have an 8'0 comp gun, but debated getting the buzz gun. Stretch said the comp gun is more of a hybrid shape. Hence the name "comp" as in compromise, not competition. I haven't tried the buzz gun, but I would assume from the shape the comp gun will turn easier since the tail is pulled in and rounded more. I've only run it as a tri-fin so far on fat point breaks. It's fun, you can draw out nice hacks when the face is big. It's basically my board when I feel tired, lazy and pissed off that all the long boarders are taking first peak. So I get out there on the comp gun and loot.

• Wow
Reactions: johnson7

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
What bout the buzz gun did you like better?
The rocker and outline are really pretty different on the two boards.

The buzzgun has a wider nose, a straighter outline and a pretty moderate amount of rocker whereas the comp gun has a more typical outline, a fairly low rocker and quite a bit of curve in the tail.

There are definitely times when that works and is beneficial but I honestly think when it comes down to the heavier sessions, the plane shape of the buzz gun gets you up and going faster and the rocker fits into the wave better. It's an all-around more high-performance big wave board I would say. Much better if you're trying to sit on the ledge and go for it.

The comp gun can handle late drops too but they just always seem more extreme and gnarly. The board is much better suited to sitting out the back and stroking in early using paddle power.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Anyone riding a Fletcher Four Fin?

That's taking it back a little ways, but that was a great board.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anyone riding a Fletcher Four Fin?

That's taking it back a little ways, but that was a great board.
Yes I use for step up, travel, and back up 5'11" 18 75" 2 .375" eps tech parabolic stringer still is pretty white great shape future f4 honeycomb red set and no worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Anyone getting Buzz Guns for the Winter? A friend down here has one. Board looks perfect for chasing down big peaks.
I've been arguing with myself about getting an 8'6" in cork or something from Hess.

So far I've convinced myself that until the Country Surfboards 8'6" dies, I can't pull the trigger.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Best fins for a Stretch quadfish?

Buddy of mine just picked one up- I'm not sure on size of board but he's 5'10ish 175ishlbs and pretty hardcore New England surfer.
Thanks!

Reactions: rowjimmytour

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Best fins for a Stretch quadfish?

Buddy of mine just picked one up- I'm not sure on size of board but he's 5'10ish 175ishlbs and pretty hardcore New England surfer.
Thanks!
sea worthy controllers or the buzztrollers are both good.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Like a hundred years ago, I made a post on here saying how stretch figured out the quad and was making it work for modern surfing. Matt Biolas came on and told me Maurice Cole deserves the credit. I was a grom and tried to argue with him, he shut me down. ErBB memories if you're out there still Mayhem, you know what's up and you rule that quiver killer though.