Best Fullsuit?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I know a lot of people like them but I had a synchro that didn't fit quite right so I sold to my buddy for really cheap and it fell apart in a few months. Probably one full season on it total and it literally fell apart.

Got my infiniti today and it fits great. We'll see about longevity but for the price, it's worth it even if it lasts one season.
SBD, have you gone surfing with it yet? If yes, did it feel like a brick, or was it gooey and flexy? I've kind of had mixed luck with sale wetsuits and I'd rather pay out the ass and get one good season vs. get a good deal but it's like surfing with 5# dumbells in my hands.

3/2 comp fine for the moment but it's November and went from being like 2-3 weeks behind schedule to a month ahead. I ordered the 3/2 and 2 fulls last year, same order, and the 2mm is a brick compared to the 3/2mm, both Xcel comps, and I had an old 2mm Xcel (that I bought new) years ago and that thing was soo light and flexy and easy to row the boat.

Reactions: kconnor

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Infiniti feels great, Nice and soft and flexible unlike the TDC drylock I had for a bit. I'm sort of an a weird sizing issue so the only real issue I have so far is the legs feel a little too big. For the price I think it was a good call.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Actually an interesting, seemingly honest review of 3/2 and 4/3 suits.

Losers seemed to be Quik and O'Neill.

Not surprised the RipCurl suit lasted came out on top and lasted longest in the ice bath. They used smoothie rubber, so of course it's warmer. Duh.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Sizing in Billabong seemed weird. I’m a Large Short in Quik, Rip Curl an O’Neill but the Billabong LS felt more like a medium small. Construction seemed really nice though.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Until tomorrow.
Not enough time to get used to the booties!
Rather exhausted after yesterday trying to learn the ropes at the Lane - first time in any sort of real surf since August + sleep deprivation.
Gonna try for more zzzzs now... I'll manage to start taking a look around for some waves by late morning - lemme know if you're wanna surf.
Did you score any meth?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Actually an interesting, seemingly honest review of 3/2 and 4/3 suits.

Losers seemed to be Quik and O'Neill.

Not surprised the RipCurl suit lasted came out on top and lasted longest in the ice bath. They used smoothie rubber, so of course it's warmer. Duh.
Smooth skin won't make a difference in an ice bath. It minimises evaporative heat loss; none of that if you're submerged.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Smooth skin won't make a difference in an ice bath. It minimises evaporative heat loss; none of that if you're submerged.
Oh but it will.

Smoothskin is far less absorbent than the rest of the suit.

Most of the suit eventually takes on water during the session. But those areas of the suit that are smoothskin aren't absorbing water like a sponge.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
the 2mm is a brick compared to the 3/2mm, both Xcel comps, and I had an old 2mm Xcel (that I bought new) years ago and that thing was soo light and flexy and easy to row the boat.
HATING my full 2mm from xcel...always had good suits from them..might not ever buy again. wrists and ankles sucked. neck sucked. i dont get that cold...and it felt cold.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
First day back in my 3/2 Xcel Infiniti, after a long winter in a 5/3 and 4/3. No booties either. Damn, it's a good wettie.

Water 14C (57F), cold 15kt onshore.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
HATING my full 2mm from xcel...always had good suits from them..might not ever buy again. wrists and ankles sucked. neck sucked. i dont get that cold...and it felt cold.
Yup.

My 2mm s/s full is nothing but a wet jumpsuit.

I normally wear a s/s full down to about 62/63. Unless the sun is shining I'm cold in it even at 67.

The one I bought over the summer had a massive leaky seam in the torso but fit perfect. I sent it back and received a new suit by the next week (can't complain about the customer service) but the new one had legs that were tooo small so all the seams in the legs leak.

And from day 1 it has never fully dried. Always a little damp. And that tells me the neoprene is worthless sh!t.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
My Xcel infiniti is the hottest 3/2 I've ever owned - too hot for me and for what constitutes 'winter surfing' where I now live. I guess this speaks to the QC being hit and miss.

Reactions: Havoc and Maz