Controversial erBB topics: What is the definitive breakfast sandwich?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I almost mentioned something about you but the rest of us don't live in Mexico nor have the time to go to tortillerias every day
Qué tortillería qué la chingada

3B3CDC17-A259-4A68-AA9E-C63EB767760E.jpeg

10658B4D-27B4-4F82-AE3B-C546E91BB6DF.jpeg

Don’t have time? That’s what children are for, to go to the tortillera, refrescos, cerveza, etc.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
There's no difference
Yes there is.

I too think there is a distinct difference between heated and toasted.

Heated
1 Cut a slice of your favorite black Russian rye loaf
2 Pop it in the toaster
3 Before it pops up, reach in and grab it when it it warm.
4 No crunch, just soften, heated, fermented milled grains held together by gluten melting under pressure from gnashing molars and saliva.

Toasted
2 Pop it in the toaster
3 Make sure the setting is right, some of the darker breads need mroe heat for longer to toast.
4 When it pops up, try to grab at the edges so you don't burn your fingerprints...scarred fingerprints actually make for easier identification.
4 Some butter to help soften the toasted crunchy surface, then some blackberry jam, sit back in the small chair by the kitchen nook window out into the yard overlooking the neighbor who bathes topless but sadly not in the in the wee hours, and carefully, yet purposely chomp with vigor through the hardened crust into the butter and jam softened inner parts of the slice, and mull over the not so subtle differences of texture caused by breaking the newly formed carbohydrate and protein surface bonds due to the toasting process.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I too think there is a distinct difference between heated and toasted.

Heated
2 Pop it in the toaster
3 Before it pops up, reach in and grab it when it it warm.
4 No crunch, just soften, heated, fermented milled grains held together by gluten melting under pressure from gnashing molars and saliva.

Toasted
2 Pop it in the toaster
3 Make sure the setting is right, some of the darker breads need mroe heat for longer to toast.
4 When it pops up, try to grab at the edges so you don't burn your fingerprints...scarred fingerprints actually make for easier identification.
4 Some butter to help soften the toasted crunchy surface, then some blackberry jam, sit back in the small chair by the kitchen nook window out into the yard overlooking the neighbor who bathes topless but sadly not in the in the wee hours, and carefully, yet purposely chomp with vigor through the hardened crust into the butter and jam softened inner parts of the slice, and mull over the not so subtle differences of texture caused by breaking the newly formed carbohydrate and protein surface bonds due to the toasting process.

exactly.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I knew it was going to get even more dark when
they posted a picture of a tortilla toaster

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
tortilla literally translated means "small torta" or "small cake" in the feminine identity.

Putting something inside an flour based vessel makes it a sandwich in gringo terms.

We all know tortas are Mexican sandwiches. Tortillas are just a different medium to stuff, in a feminine sort of way.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
tortilla literally translated means "small torta" or "small cake" in the feminine identity.
and burrito literally translates to "little donkey"
I'll have a chicken little donkey, no beans, extra guac, add fried jalapenos y lechuga.