Official Dodgers thread

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Bullpen has been a joke all season and it's no surprise it bit them in the ass tonight. Too many kids on the postseason roster. I knew this team wasn't built for the playoffs, but kept hoping I'd be proven wrong. Go Tampa!

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
As a long suffering Padres fan... I am always happy to see the Dodgers lose. :)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Dont want to say i called it, but i called it. And it was GLORIOUS!!!!!

I didn't post it here but I was saying going into game 5 that the only way the dodgers would win is if they had a significant lead when Beuhler left. Andrew Friedman is a complete and utter failure at assembling a bullpen.

On a side note, I understand that they brought Kershaw back when he opted out so they could sell more jerseys, but holy hell has that proven to be disastrous. Imagine if instead they signed a free agent like Charlie Morton and a solid bullpen piece like Adam Ottavino to compliment Kenley? But seriously, how many years in a row is Friedman going to be allowed to grossly neglect the bullpen? Roberts will be the fall guy, but Friedman is the guy who needs to go.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
I didn't post it here but I was saying going into game 5 that the only way the dodgers would win is if they had a significant lead when Beuhler left. Andrew Friedman is a complete and utter failure at assembling a bullpen.

On a side note, I understand that they brought Kershaw back when he opted out so they could sell more jerseys, but holy hell has that proven to be disastrous. Imagine if instead they signed a free agent like Charlie Morton and a solid bullpen piece like Adam Ottavino to compliment Kenley? But seriously, how many years in a row is Friedman going to be allowed to grossly neglect the bullpen? Roberts will be the fall guy, but Friedman is the guy who needs to go.

They have a bullpen. For some strange reason Roberts decided not use it!!!!! With no tomorrow you have to empty the chamber!!!
You do not win 106 games without a bullpen.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
They have a bullpen. For some strange reason Roberts decided not use it!!!!! With no tomorrow you have to empty the chamber!!!
You do not win 106 games without a bullpen.

Every team has a bullpen. They don't have a good bullpen.

The dodgers bullpen collectively put up a 6.75era this series. Only Minnesota's pen has been worse this post-season...

But to be fair it wasn't just the bullpen and the pitching. In your three losses where was your offense? In two of the losses they could only generate 5 hits each game. The first one I believe they struck out 17times.

Cody Bellinger is the anchor of your lineup. When he's mashing you guys are pretty much untouchable. For all the hate Kershaw gets, where was Cody?

This postseason he hit .211avg .286obp .549ops sorry but thats dreadful. When he's not producing that takes the whole ship down with him. And it's also not a fluke, he's a career .178 hitter in the post-season. Unlike Kershaw though, he is young and has plenty of time to turn it around. But hitting a ton of homers early in the season only gets you so far.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
frvcvs should I want the Rays or Astros to win from a Yanks fan POV in terms of winning the ALCS? I mean without Boston getting a wildcard the postseason has lost most of its meaning to me, but who is the easier matchup?

Being Florida, and the Yankees-Rays connection, and getting to watch so many Yankees games (albeit with the Rays announcers LOLOLOLOL) my heart wants the Rays, but after the trade deadline, I was all, WHERE THE F__K IS THE STARTING PITCHING and I had the Astros v Doyyers penned in.

Am I wrong to think the Astros are a bigger threat?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Kershaw gave up two homers back to back. Yeah I get it that the Dodgers want to keep him on because they owe him for his past playmanship, but his back is done. If I was the coach i would have at least pulled him out after that first homer or not play him at all.