*** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I had the 7mm solite when they first came out. Great fitting, lightweight and decently warm. Velcro strap were lame, didnt stay stuck. Durability was not great. Next year I got the 6mm (they stopped making the 7mm) and they were way thinner and not warm enough for the sub 50F waters.

Surf kinda sucked here by the time I got off work. Looked fun from above but the wind was a funky angle blowing right into the lefts and the chops were really hard to deal with. Still, got a few fun ones and did better than my buddy which is what matters most.

Reactions: teeroi

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
can you move your sandbar down here please?
We had a good july but have been stuck in august since well ,the first of august.

hassled for small gutless garbage this morning at desperation bar.

suck

gonna take the boat out tomorrow instead of doing that again

Reactions: jkb and Maz

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Looks awesome Maz!

Thanks for the pic!

Was planning on going there for my 40th birthday rather than my Fiji trip, but the wife really pushed for Fiji. I miss that place a lot, but I'll be back. :shaka:

Reactions: Maz

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Looks awesome Maz!

Thanks for the pic!

Was planning on going there for my 40th birthday rather than my Fiji trip, but the wife really pushed for Fiji. I miss that place a lot, but I'll be back. :shaka:
Well, you scored! And your wife was happy too, so a win-win.

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
It's finally happening.

I'm getting out of this sorry excuse for a surf zone and moving to the greener pastures of Santa Cruz.

Really looking forward to a change of scenery (and waves).

If you happen to know anyone looking to rent out their 2-3 bedroom house in the Santa Cruz area, please pm me their info. We are a clean, respectful and dependable family of 4. Hoping to get into a place around Nov 1st, but later is ok as well. :shaka:

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
It's finally happening.

I'm getting out of this sorry excuse for a surf zone and moving to the greener pastures of Santa Cruz.

Really looking forward to a change of scenery (and waves).

If you happen to know anyone looking to rent out their 2-3 bedroom house in the Santa Cruz area, please pm me their info. We are a clean, respectful and dependable family of 4. Hoping to get into a place around Nov 1st, but later is ok as well. :shaka:
Hey jkb, congrats on getting to greener pastures (where you moving from)? I live here in SC and am close friends with a lot of realtors and property managers. Why don’t you PM me and I can try and put you in touch with some of them - do you have a specific location in mind (Westside, Seabright, capitola, live oak, etc .) and I presume you’re aware of the costs?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Hey jkb, congrats on getting to greener pastures (where you moving from)? I live here in SC and am close friends with a lot of realtors and property managers. Why don’t you PM me and I can try and put you in touch with some of them - do you have a specific location in mind (Westside, Seabright, capitola, live oak, etc .) and I presume you’re aware of the costs?
Hey ocean7847. Thank you!

I'm coming from Oceanside and yes, we've been looking at rental prices for a while now, but haven't committed to anything because we wanted to get up there to be able to see the properties in person. It would be amazing if you could recommend any realtors and/or property managers! Thank you.

PM sent

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Took the 10'0" down to paddle around desperation bar. Bigger than I thought but complete closeouts in front. Saw a few sets at a certain spot with a few guys on it. They went in and had it to myself for an hour. Fun small runners trimming beautifully on the glider. Score!