Recent content by youcantbeserious

1. youcantbeserious

North Shore jet ski carnage

I know at least one guy who was out there driving a ski and I promise you, he shouldn't have been. You know who ends up responsible for this? Lifeguards. 80 rescues Saturday. This is nothing against Mike L., love Mike, he's a great waterman and an established surf media presence with a local...
  2. youcantbeserious

North Shore jet ski carnage

Our kids can't go to school, can't have amateur surf contests, can't have swim meets or service projects or any sports events, but Vans can have a digital Triple Crown and the entire North Shore can work itself in to a feeding frenzy for images to wring every dollar possible from surfing. It...
  3. youcantbeserious

RIP ben aipa.

I used to fin and hot coat his stock boards for a while in the late 90's. Mean headlocks when they weren't up to par, nice noogie laughing headlocks when they were. He was a really good guy. Aloha no anakala
  4. youcantbeserious

Love is in the Air

It would be so great for Medina to just say "Yeah I'm gay/bi/whatever who gives a sh!t. You're all kooks."
  5. youcantbeserious

Surfing in thunderstorms

When my oldest kid was about 9 we were surfing on a stormy day near our house on the east side. No thunder or lightning, no big deal. We saw a dark cloud coming in and heard the first thunderclap, and I told my kid let's catch one more and go in. Well that storm was moving fast, and being as we...
  6. youcantbeserious

HOP WTR

I was drinking a lot when I was working and living in the van. You're alone, go to dinner, order some drinks, crash out. It gets to be a habit so quick. I have nothing against social drinking at all, my wife likes her wine, but once it got to be a full on habit for me I had to give it a rest.
  7. youcantbeserious

HOP WTR

geez i hope so
  8. youcantbeserious

HOP WTR

I don't drink anymore. Everything Duffy is saying is spot on. Now weed... I have access to free, outdoor grown sativas of the highest quality grown down the street with zero pesticides, etc. I find I need very little -- like one hit -- to stay high for hours. And professionally I follow a...
  9. youcantbeserious

Alec Cooke ? Ace Cool ... whatever happend to this guy ?

Character for sure Too many stories Definitely charges Possibly can't die
  10. youcantbeserious

Catfight at Pipeline

Essential.
  11. youcantbeserious

LA 80's Punk Scene

Yeah its important to have a fascism party around to you know, keep us all honest :foreheadslap:
  12. youcantbeserious

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734
  13. youcantbeserious

Ah yes... any fool can see the logical straight line between “9/11 was an inside job” and “the earth is flat.”
  14. youcantbeserious

God, cosmic teapot... amount of evidence is about the same. Believe if you want, but at least own it.
  15. youcantbeserious

I thought you were a church guy