1. W

RIP Mojo Nixon

Played on a few bills with those guys in the 80s. RIP, you maniac!:jamon:
  2. W

***The Official LA Isn't So Bad Thread***

You seem upset.:roflmao::crazy2:
  3. W

I'm doing fine but not surfing as much as I'd like. Missed this entire swell!
  4. W

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Interesting that you singled out my post, which is saying pretty much the same thing as a lot of other posts. Wonder why?
  5. W

I've been going to Suehiro since the mid-Eighties. Ate there last week, probably for the last time. Fuck that greedy douche landlord, who wants to replace a beloved part of the community with - get this - a weed store. Because we don't have enough of those.:toilet:
  6. W

What kind of humans are you eating?

Only free-range organic vegans for me! I always tell my vegan friends "you don't want to be the tastiest person in the lifeboat."
  7. W

KALIFORNIA ..... OFICIALMENTE DONE!!!!

You know what I would do? L.A. is full of empty luxury highrises that no one can afford. I'd Eminent Domain that sh!t, and rent them out for cheap, like maybe $500 for a studio, a bit more for larger units. They're mostly owned by predatory corporations and foreign nationals laundering their...
  8. W

Makua Rothman is now a Rapper

I'm sorry, but that is just fifty shades of suck. I'm embarrassed as a human and a music lover. How can any of you guys say otherwise? My gods, what kind of garbage are you guys listening to these days?!?!? I think I'm having a stroke, I hate it so much . . . :bricks:
  9. W

Crazy Drivers Post Pandemic

EXACTLY! Freedom of movement is only for those who can afford it, the rest of us peasants should stay home.
  10. W

Crazy Drivers Post Pandemic

Not to get all tinfoil hat on you, but there is a movement amongst city planner types, in cahoots with developers, to make driving as miserable as possible in L.A. Taking away parking, "road diets," stop lights set to make people wait until they're about to snap . . . this is all happening, and...
  11. W

Becoming an older surfer

I've become quite partial to Guinness Zero.
  12. W

Becoming an older surfer

About a month ago I was the only one out at a shitty L.A. spot that I love for some reason. Then some guy paddles out and sits directly to my right (It's a right point) and of course goes for the first wave that comes along. I should mention that there was like one rideable wave every ten...
  13. W

Becoming an older surfer

That's the plan! Seriously, though, there are days when I get literally no waves because of this fuckery, and it's breaking my spirit. It really is.
  14. W

Becoming an older surfer

I'm finding it much harder to deal with crowds. Twenty-year-olds on logs who surf every day are seriously no fun when they lack basic courtesy and empathy. Stop backpaddling grandma, ya little turds!:cursing::( A couple of days ago a physically fit twenty-something guy rode all the way to the...
  15. W

How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

I'm the asshole on my block but I'm also the one people come to for help, so there's that. Basically I'm the only one who will confront people for having parties at 2am, etc. People thank me for doing it, but they make sure no one sees. :foreheadslap: It's actually gotten a lot quieter since...