Recent content by WFCody

1. W

Album Surfboards

My first 3 surfs on "The End": Fast and fun board. It likes open walls and bigger waves than smaller ones, besides the low rocker. I was surprised by how good it was to knife under the lip in hollower waves. Very good paddler. Not so sparky as other Album boards. I found it a little bit stiff...
  2. W

Varial RIP

It seems the problems started back in December last year, so in Feb 100% you could not get a step up from Varial. I decided to do mine in PU with DA. I have not tested it, but it feels heavier than EPS (in a good way) and solid.
  3. W

Varial RIP

I tried to order my Bom Dia step-up in Varial last January, and Matt told me they did not have blanks available. It was expected that those blanks would be available in April or May. Although it sounded weird, I did not expect them to go out of business. I think that this is bad news for...
  4. W

Album Surfboards

Bom Dia 5´9. The other ones: Bom Dia step up - 6´7 The End - 6´2 The red asym is a Townsend that I had to repair, it´s not new.
  5. W

Album Surfboards

New boards arrived! Now I need some swell to test them. I´m curious to see how "The End" goes.
  6. W

Album Surfboards

Twinsman (Twinquish version)- 5'5" x 19.75" x 2.32" @ 30,3 L Twinsman round pin: 5'7" x 19" x 2.32" @ 29.4 L Plasmic: 5'3" x 20" x 2.38" @ 31 L Townsend - 6'6" x 19.7" x 2.44" @ 36,5 L
  7. W

Album Surfboards

I also have the 5.79", and I like them a lot. I´m 75kg....but big fins tend to work better for me with DA boards.
  8. W

Tomo MPH

Same for me. The EVO it´s really a very very fun board. It glides in anything and goes in bigger waves. The only downside is that the slightly fuller nose sometimes catches in tubes. I was about to order a Vader and an Evo in dark arts, but I was too late for the batch shaped by Dan, so I will...
  9. W

Album Surfboards

The Plasmic is a very, very fun board.....it´s the Album board from the quiver I ride most. It is fun in small waves, and you can ride it in some size. For me is at the level of the EVO in terms of speed and fun. Since I have the Plasmic, I have not touched the EVO.
  10. W

Tomo MPH

Have you tried the Revo in higher volumes? Wondering how this model scales and is affected by more volume. Vader should be sick!! What's the ETA for the board?
  11. W

Tomo MPH

My Ranking: 1. EVO: So much fun. I have one in Timbertek, and the only con is that the nose sometimes catches in hollower surf. 100% would get one in Dark Arts if available. 2. Hydronaut: Solid board for bigger waves. Fast and predictable. 3. Omni: Also, a very good big wave board. For me, it...
  12. W

Tomo MPH

@ReForest ! Share the pics!!! ;)
  13. W

Album Surfboards

I have never tried Carbon + Varial (only DA), but as far as I know, they have some challenges in sourcing the blanks and delays. I finally went for DA + PU. I think Carbon + Varial should be a winning combination because of the closed cell.
  14. W

Tomo MPH

New Tomo + Dark Arts......... I need.... 2 or 3 of those ;) ;) ;)
  15. W

Album Surfboards

Thanks for the help @silentbutdeadly , @Duffy LaCoronilla , @santacruzin. Finally ordered the Bomdia PU glassed Dark Arts. Let´s see what the result is. Last week, I buckled my DA Townsend perfect excuse to YOLO a new board.