Recent content by waxhead

1. W

This 55yr old grandmother has bigger balls than you.

I know her husband. My daughter used to work in his company. He's a solid surfer and cool guy. Never met the wife but he told me about her swimming accomplishments. This one -incredible-43 degrees no wetsuit.
  2. W

***Official The Worst Songs To Have Stuck In Your Head Thread***

The "cars for kids" ad. I turn off the radio everytime it starts in a vain attempt to avoid the mental contamination it inflicts..
  3. W

Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

From that perspective I agree. I'd never heard of him before. I was thinking more of his respect, or lack thereof, as a boxer. But I'm not huge boxing fan, so I don't know what real fans think. I think it's incredibly lame to fight a man almost sixty when you are in your prime. Now days you...
  4. W

Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

Paul loses even if he wins. If somehow he wins, he beats an almost 60 year old man. And if he loses.......I hope he gets knocked out in the second round. Second cause I want to see him get beat up first.
  5. W

Kelly Slater - DONE

Or say he's s chick now. WSL will buy it.
  6. W

Big Island recommendations?

Haven't been there for almost 40 years but the helicopter ride out of Kona was amazing. Saw untouched Hawaii. It was incredible.
  7. W

CA storm this weekend

ATMOSPHERIC RIVER RATS is the name of my new band!
  8. W

NFL

Montana had Rice, John Taylor, and Roger Craig but no one shorts Joe. Purdy isn't big, and not that fast, and his arm isn't the strongest. But, he simply knows how to play QB better than most pros. Same as Joe. Purdy has been a starting QB since HS, and a four year starter at college. Trey...
  9. W

Taking driftwood from the beach…

You can't take shells in Costa. My wife grabbed a small but cool looking one and they took it away at the airport. A local surfer told me he saw a tourist woman collecting a large amount of shells so he went up to her with a shell and said " Here, you missed one" Driftwood, eh a piece here or...
  10. W

Pro surfers/no insurance/begging for money on GoFundMe

Right? Several years ago my agent told me I had to buy liability insurance for my band in order to get a gig. Somebody might trip over a cord and fall....a band member might get drunk and expose himself to a female guest.....or whatever. Bottom line, buy insurance to play your guitar. But...
  11. W

Surfing drunk

A guy who used to work for me but moved back to Utah came to town and asked if I'd take him to surf. I figured I'd push him into a few whitewaters and that would do it. He drives his truck to the lot and pulls out a cooler and starts taking shots. Like four or so. Takes the board paddles out on...
  12. W

Palm Springs Surf Club

I've heard if they could just harness the power of a breaking wave, they could uh, oh forget it.
  13. W

RIP Makani Alexander

I'm not a gun person. I have one, but pay it little attention. Don't go to the range, don't really care. I do support the 2nd Amendment, but would be willing to give up my gun as soon as: 1. they take them away from crooks 2. Take them away from the cops Then, and only then, they can have...
  14. W

You are a Kook.

My daughter recently bought property in Bend so maybe she will get to surf the river with him. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. I just thought it was ironic him selling shoes cause in his book he mentions more than once how he never wore them.