Recent content by UFsurfer

1. U

Neal's Images of the Day

Here's hoping there's swell like this for the upcoming week...staying on Oahu 8/23-8/31 for our honeymoon and, coming from Texas, this is dreamy.
  2. U

Fires in Maui

Absolutely not going to, as far as we're concerned the local residents need the lodging in Kaanapali, not bozo tourists on vacation there for a good time. We called the travel insurance company this morning and according to them "they won't be refunding us because the winds are going to lay down...
  3. U

Fires in Maui

So sorry for those affected. My wife and I were supposed to be staying in Ka'anapali 8/23-8/27 at Honua Kai for our honeymoon and spent today rearranging plans (looking like Oahu for the whole week). Was looking forward to walking down front st in Lahaina, surfing the harbor/ship channel...
  4. U

Maui in August

Yep, this was my wife and I's honeymoon after being married in May so we've been on the web all day figuring out alternate plans...absolutely gutted for the people there. Saw the Lahaina fire was contained yesterday before I went to sleep, woke up and checked HNN this morning and had to do a...
  5. U

Maui in August

Thanks everyone! Wife ending up booking us at Honua Kai so seems like Kaanapali and Lahaina are going to be my best bets to sneak out for some surfing (swell permitting).
  6. U

Maui in August

Heading to Maui in late August and looking for some erBB wisdom on where I should be looking at staying if I want to get some waves in. Going with the wife and her family, so right now they're looking at the Lahaina/Kihei area. Doing some quick searching on the internet it seems south/SW facing...
  7. U

Anybody try these corduroy tail pads?

I have the Hobgood pad and like it. Seems softer than diamond pads and haven't had a problem with grip.
  8. U

XTR

That's what I figured. Almost every regular out there is riding a board with a patched nose at a minimum. Sucked when I peeled the nose back on my flare during my 3rd session ever riding it. Silver lining is it just gives me an excuse to order a new board sooner rather than later.
  9. U

XTR

I have a Stamps flare that I love but BSR is beating it to hell, especially now that the liner is gone and the bottom is cement. How does XTR hold up to getting bashed against reef/rocks? I figure that's the closest thing to what happens on the end sections at BSR when the board goes over the...
  10. U

Board suggestions for rolling/mushy waves?

Yeah, I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving too soon. Got there around high tide and the waves were definitely feeling it; pictures from later that afternoon showed the waves with much more push/steepness. Learning experience...
  11. U

I do have a twin keel fish that I haven't ridden in a while, I may need to take that out and give it a go.
  12. U

Yeah I'm thinking I may pick one up at some point. I'm kicking myself now for not staying longer, but I had to make the trek home to SA, and it started to get hotter than hell around noon.
  13. U

I was at Packery. Saw some pictures from this afternoon at Bob Hall (2-3PM) and it was hollow. Maybe showing up at daybreak was the wrong call due to high tide?
  14. U

Anyone out there on the erBB have suggestions for the type of board/volume I should be looking at if I'm surfing waves that are more rolling than pitching? I went out in TX today to surf some Cristobal swell, beaches were flooded so we had to park on the access road without seeing the waves...
  15. U

NVS

Exactly. When people start preaching about this sort of thing to me or around me, I tell them to go ahead and start a "Made in the USA" store and see how long they stay in business. There's a reason Walmart and Amazon are the top 2 retailers in the US, and it ain't because they sell the...