Recent content by Topmick

1. Topmick

Foil Session Logs

We had a demo 760 at my local last month, I didn't try it but the guys that did were impressed. Turns really well & still pumped enough to connect, would go great with a 90 or 910 also in the quiver.
  2. Topmick

Best foil for you.

I've gone from an Axis (900) to Armstrong 1550, came very close to getting the Lol 1300. As the Takuma lol wings performance is very highly rated but went with my gut & bought the 1550 - super stoked so far.
  3. Topmick

Ready to purchase but Armstrong with prone board 3k, eeks

Have you any experience with the Axis 660 (similar size to the 1050) & could compare?
  4. Topmick

Ready to purchase but Armstrong with prone board 3k, eeks

Nice quiver, how do you find the gap from 1550 to 1050, I have the 1550 & looking at getting a smaller wing like 1050 or the HS1250 when it's released.
  5. Topmick

Best foil for you.

Mateo_ell rippin on a HA proto!!!
  6. Topmick

Best foil for you.

Quite a few of my mates tried to get into wingdinging, most have given up & gone back to kites or just prone/sup foil. I have not tried it but it looks like hard work to me, or maybe it's our local conditions that are no good.
  7. Topmick

Refuckulation thread.

A foiling friend of mine has built a front wing crossed between a Sig 175 Stealth & a NP Medium Slim. Looked like it went pretty good from what I could see (78cm wing span).
  8. Topmick

Foil Session Logs

We foilers travel waaay faster than other surfers, therefore we need to be extra careful around normal surfers. Best to keep some room - for if things go wrong because when it does go wrong it happens real quick!
  9. Topmick

Foil Session Logs

Yer, too close imo. Had a pretty heavy collision into a mate yesterday, we both saved our foils by putting our bodies on the line haha.
  10. Topmick

Best foil for you.

HS1550 is 2.5cm at thickest point
  11. Topmick

Best foil for you.

The 1550 turns way better but takes more effort to pump than the 900/1000, imo the 1550 with (212 stab) makes a great allrounder for prone - with it's surfboard feel & still connect waves.
  12. Topmick

Best foil for you.

Yes, agreed - they look great...Piros here in Oz said he might get a demo soon.
  13. Topmick

Best foil for you.

I don't see any similarities between the F32 & 900 - totally different design imo.
  14. Topmick

Best foil for you.

I had exactly same Axis set as you have now & have towed with the 660. I recently changed foils to the Armstrong HS1550/212 feels/turns similar to the 660 but also has good glide & pump (not far off the 900). I was going to wait for Axis to develop a bigger 660 but loss patience lol. Pic of my...
  15. Topmick

Best foil for you.

4'4 - 30L ( I'm 72kg)