Recent content by Tomay

1. Tomay

Anyone ridden a MOTE Fiji?

Still loving my 6'6. Especially here when the water is moving around and the banks are further out.
  2. Tomay

*** Official Fin Thread ***

My Bottom Feeder which this is replacing uses Powerbase XL Fronts and L Rears. For stubby thrusters Merrick fins are my go to.
  3. Tomay

*** Official Fin Thread ***

looking for futures fin suggestions for this: https://au.haydenshapes.com/collections/hs-atelier-performance-cruiser/products/performance-cruiser-clear Thruster groveller with a wide tail. Never had one with Futures.
  4. Tomay

Black Friday 2022

I just ordered a Performance Glider from HS based on a glimpse I saw of an instagram clip. Im hoping it will finally replace my old Bottom Feeder at the exact same dimensions (-.5 inch width).
  5. Tomay

Whats your favorite good wave fish?

I'll never Album again.
  6. Tomay

Whats your favorite good wave fish?

Jim Banks Magic Carpet
  7. Tomay

***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

First surf on Utopia. Decent HH conditions on a little rip bowl. Paddles well and catches waves easily enough. Got one nice wave on my backhand and it felt fast and solid. Got a nice wrap in there. Got a few closeouts and bigger ones that ran off. Once nice one on my forehand at the end. Feels...
  8. Tomay

Stubby Shortboard

Ended up with a DHD Utopia. Gave me a stiffy when I felt it up.
  9. Tomay

Sharpeye Surfboards

I rode a custom stretched out modern 2 I took a punt on second hand for 2 surfs then got rid of it. Thing was terrible for me.
  10. Tomay

***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

First surf since ear tube surgery. Wore the surfears, hope they keep water out and infections away. Put on a bit of weight in the last 6 months, luckily all muscle - I joined a CrossFit gym while on surfing hiatus. Waves were HH, clean but banks were pretty terrible with an outside section...
  11. Tomay

Ear plugged

Anyone here had ear tubes inserted (grommets)? I recently got them put in one ear. Hoping surfears keeps the water out and stops infections but would love to hear if someone has managed it.
  12. Tomay

Stubby Shortboard

Went and felt a few boards up. Ghost and Inferno didn't do a great deal for me. Ended up really liking the feeling of the Little Wing I fondled from Lost. Also loved a little Synthetic 84 from T.Patterson I picked up but can't find much info on it.
  13. Tomay

Stubby Shortboard

I have been tempted in the past but I never see anyone on them over here and have no idea who he’s got shaping for him out here, what that arrangement is, where they source the blanks, etc. I would rather wait until I go over to the states next year. I have planned on getting a Stamps and a...
  14. Tomay

Stubby Shortboard

Sweet that’s some good feedback. I’m on east coast OZ so Stamps and Stretch and some of the US shapers are out of the equation. doesn’t sound like I can go wrong with any of them. It’s probably more like waste high + anyway I’m after, sometimes we get really punchy little swells which are fun...
  15. Tomay

Stubby Shortboard

Would totally get a Stamps if I could. When I come over that way next year I might put in an order. DHD Utopia on the radar now too.