Recent content by thelodge

1. T

Surfing after total knee replacment

Im sure this has been discussed. Is it possible? What it recovery time? Can anyone share their experience.
  2. T

Hip Surgery

I live in Jersey so also in a 5m. I supped a 6-8 ' day this summer from Elsa, top 5 surf days of my life (im a very good shortboarder for 30 years).. I'm going down to a 7'11 SUP.. My wave count is higher, waves longer, just overall more fun. Big smile on my face. Was surprised how much I...
  3. T

Hip Surgery

So its been a year since my hip replacement. As I mentioned in a previous post : I have a common complication which is called Heterotopic Ossification (HO). It's basically a bone that grew next to the replacement as a result of the drama of the surgery. The good news is it stopped growing and...
  4. T

Magic Board

Do you sell a board that was magic years ago and did your best surfing on? It would be hard to see her go
  5. T

*** Official Fin Thread ***

What would a flexible center fin feel like with stiffer side fins. Would it loosen up the board?
  6. T

Fin question

What would a flexible center fin feel like with stiffer side fins. Would it loosen up the board?
  7. T

Question for switch stance surfers

Why? Long story short... Total hip replacement ...have a common complication called Heterotopic ossification (HO). Basically, a bone that grew next to the replacement. I have a limited range of motion. 4.5 months out I feel good but the range of motion is not there. It is my right hip, I'm...
  8. T

Question for switch stance surfers

B/C of an injury I might have to switch stance if I'm going to surf, going goofy to reg. I have been surfing for 35years. Has anyone done this to the point it was as comfortable as your normal stance? If so how long did it take you?
  9. T

Hip Surgery

Had my right hip replaced. I'm four months out now and I have a common complication which is called Heterotopic Ossification (HO). It's basically a bone that grew next to the replacement as a result of the drama of the surgery. The good news is it stopped growing and did not bridge to...
  10. T

Post Hip Replacement and Heterotopic Ossification

Six weeks post hip replacement. Things seem to be going well. Walking 1.5 miles per day back at work ext. 6-week x-ray showed some Heterotopic Ossification. I'm concerned about it. The surgeon put me on Indomethacin for a month and told me to stretch, stretch and stretch. Will get another...
  11. T

Best boar in your quiver?

The mbm has to be one of the best boards I have had. That board was magic, worked right on my first surf, it changed my surfing. That and the Dumpster Diver.
  12. T

The Chumlee is amazing, its almost not fair. It works in a wide range of conditions. Not sure why they stopped making it.
  13. T

5'9 Firewire Chumlee. I can't believe how well it goes. I was surprised on how well it handles bigger waves. For solid waves my Roberts BioDiesel.
  14. T

Fin suggesting for 9' Longboard

thank you for your help!
  15. T

Fin suggesting for 9' Longboard

K fin worked better.