Recent content by thekadvang

1. T

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

Album Plasmic Album Moonstone Pyzel Ghost Stretch Buzz Gun
  2. T

Album Surfboards

just YOLO'd a varial bom dia and am wondering what everyone is liking for fins in this boar -- i weigh ~155 tried to search but doesn't like the short search terms. thanks!
  3. T

Hard edge rail full length

have a bonzer alpha omega twin with hard edge nose to tail, definitely not the easiest board to ride in chop or connect the dots surf but felt insane on a clean face. also had a protow that was very similar vibes interestingly both boards also have super extreme concave (protow) or channel...
  4. T

Varial RIP

waiting on varial to confirm that the bom dias are for a regular foot midget so i can yolo one...
  5. T

Album Surfboards

oh noes my album slides are made in mexico!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! caca is triggered by twin fins and loves to stir the pot here as someone above said, wouldn't matter if the boards didn't go and my personal experience has been that (1) they do and (2) build quality is great brb ordering another album
  6. T

Album Surfboards

Has anyone ridden a VESPER DIA????? Have a 5'0" plasmic that is magic shin-shoulder and a 6'0" twinsman RP that's great when the waves are proper and want another album (lol) to split the difference. love the spice of the plasmic channel and would love to try that in a board with a bit more...
  7. T

How do you size your mini-guns and guns?

my understanding is that flat foil fins = better for generating speed, as you get closer to symmetrical foil you get less speed off the fin and more control, which is more useful at bigger wave high speeds tbh the thought of fin experimentation in big waves freaks me out and i've run those for...
  8. T

start using them for 8'0" + boards og stretch gun fins, all 4 equal sized with 50/50 ish foil no drama and feel great
  9. T

Album Surfboards

FWIW I had a stock 5'4" twinsman -- which in theory was the "right" size for me (I am 5'9" x 155). Felt insane under arm and had a couple moments of brilliance but was generally super frustrated by the board. Sold it and since then have had a 5'9" and 6'0" twinsman round pins, both of which I...
  10. T

ocean beach also classically looks way easier on video than in real life 100% if you could transplant the wave alone to a different situation you could ride a shorter board, but the reality is that a lot of time is spent paddling against the current, to get in position, etc. etc. and it's way...
  11. T

Album Surfboards

I'm 5'9" 155 and ride the stock 5'0" and it feels perfect. live kauai but have taken it on trips to norcal/pacific nw with 5/4 booties etc and still felt great it's defintely chonk in a good way (paddles way better than my shortboards lol) but still very rippy feeling
  12. T

Album Surfboards

+1 on all of this; mine is varial and feels super whippy also agree on slamming the back foot and surfing off it, what i have noticed with my plasmic is its a super easy transition from my 3-fin shortboards where I am surfing like that and takes a little more adjustment coming off my twin fins...
  13. T

Album Surfboards

more liters than shortbord for sure my shortboards are 26-27L, my plasmic is the stock 5'0" at 29.5L and is perfect my fish is right around the same volume as the plasmic
  14. T

Album Surfboards

Mine too. Really really wanted to like it but it was just too hard to surf! Need to try Bom Dia...
  15. T

Album Surfboards

don't be fooled! I bought one used with the expectation that I could actually surf it and it was basically a wavestorm in a smaller package that cost more money super heavy for some reason (maybe it was waterlogged, but it looked cherry otherwise) and really really chonky rails I've fondled...