Recent content by teeroi

1. teeroi

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Yeah. I broke my promise I made to myself. Post about surfing. Keep it fun and funny. Tease if it’s funny and the guy has a sense of humor. I’ll put myself on timeout. Social media, etc will only get worse with election year and wars and crap. Better to spend my energy at work and with fam and...
  2. teeroi

Here’s another low one duu. I read in a past post of yours you rarely surf overhead waves. Then how would you know how hard it is to do a John turn in DOH wave. Whatever. Haha. Nah. For some reason all your complaints irritate me. Of course I’d love to see John go ham like his win in Portugal...
  3. teeroi

Round of 16. Heat 1 is John vs Gabe. Hopefully exciting. But heat 2 is Sammy vs Miggy. Loser gets cut. Sparks should be flying.
  4. teeroi

Im guessing this is an English as a secondary language. John saying he just wants to surf means he was hoping for heats with more waves so he can just surf. Not wait around all heat and only catch 2 waves. He mentioned his last few events his heats were wave starved. Ross joined the commentary...
  5. teeroi

Kelly’s baby due in 3 months. Right before Fiji. Maybe WC for Tahiti if forecast looks good. Tahiti is next month 22nd. Jordy did an inverted air reverse with two other fin release slides got a 6.77. Unless it’s an Italo backside full rotor or Toledos double alley-oops airs aren’t scoring like...
  6. teeroi

Well if that’s the end of Kelly’s career as a full time CT competitor congratulations on a phenomenal run.
  7. teeroi

Jeez. You do know that what a coach says to the public may not be what he tells his athletes. At Bells John got a wave right away scored a 7.67 and tried to back it up going for airs. Then he sat for 20 minutes needing a 4.33. If he just finished one of those early waves he might’ve beat Jazz...
  8. teeroi

You ever watch the NBA. Steph Curry does the breakaway 3. Instead of going for a slam dunk he’ll pull up at the arc and shoot a 3. Dunks are pretty exciting, crowd goes nuts. Still only worth 2 points. The home crowd goes nuts on Steph’s breakaway 3’s cause it’s hard not to get emotionally...
  9. teeroi

How Not to Park Your Boat

Right on the paddle out at my regular.
  10. teeroi

If anyone under the cut line wins the event they’ll make the cut. They drop lowest event points this side of the cut. After this event the remaining contests will all count toward points total toward top 5. Kelly skipped Portugal and had 3990 points. If he wins it’ll be 13990 and he could climb...
  11. teeroi

It’s top 22 plus 2 wildcards. Kelly was given WC to the cut. He may request WC for Tahiti and Fiji but we’ll see. There’s 5 events remaining but #10 is the Finals at Trestles. So 4 events after cut to make top 5.
  12. teeroi

you guys are slipping on another sponsorship change...

Not a pro surfer deal. Rip Curl has become the title sponsor or whatever you call it for The Eddie. Why does it matter? More prize money and money to run the event. The last winner Luke Shepardson won $10k and 350,000 Hawaiian miles. John won in 2016 and took home $75k. The event window has...
  13. teeroi

Max Holloway fight on now

Not sure but the guy on Max’s left looks like Rylan Lizares. Rylan is Max’s BJJ coach and head trainer. Rylan regularly surfs the spot next to my summer reg. He rides a bunch of retro and newer alt boars. I told Egan Inoue once that I surfed with Rylan at RP’s the other day. Egan used to surf...
  14. teeroi

you guys are slipping on another sponsorship change...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5rlW3Xv1Zb/?igsh=MXU0ejNpZDJnejNlOA== Slab Tour 2024 begins.
  15. teeroi

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

KA got second at the just completed Jacks Pro 3000