Recent content by Tarab_ish

1. T

Tesla Truck - - - DONE !!

what I don't get is who tf is buying new cars and selling them like 2 years later. Obviously part of the answer is "people better employed/paid more than me" but that's still baffling to me
  2. T

Tesla Truck - - - DONE !!

saw one in person a few weeks ago and thought it looks really janky. Had to stare at it to see if it was real, looked homemade, like it was made out of material you'd buy at home depot to build a shed or something.
  3. T

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

same experience at The Beach as a few of you it seems. Surfed Tues and Weds evening, and quick surf thurs morning. Amazing how fast the season changed, 7 months of sw wind stops, it's hot as hell and there's swell. I've been doing my off-season routine of road biking up hills for the cardio...
  4. T

What a dud of a S swell, maybe I just missed it idk. Didn't want to drive on Labor day, went to a jetty wave on tues that was apparently not the right swell direction -- sucked. On Weds ended up surfing a little beachbreak cove with some pretty fun knee high W windswell bowls, all of the...
  5. T

Quick lil evening surf on weds at the beach out front. Looked like fall all of a sudden (think there was a bit of wildfire smoke in the air) with some surprisingly large but gutless windswell. Caught a few on outside bars that just did nothing, then paddled in to the inner bar double up/reform...
  6. T

Haven't posted in this thread in forever, also hadn't surfed two days in a row or really enjoyed surfing since...that south in May I think? Evening surfs on Sun and Mon at the beach out front, mostly waist-chest and dumpy and a bit bumpy. Surfed my eps quad groveler thing. Went from feeling...
  7. T

5'5" 19 1/4 Century Video Series

On the teaser for the stab series about $ he looked really pale, can't imagine he surfs much. He looked slightly healthier here, maybe? Some good surfing here -- I really like curvy disky boards -- but something about lowers footage is always slightly unappealing to me. It's like in any shot of...
  8. T

teahupoo hype...

not that i'd surf there with any real size anyway, but all the boats in the channel and the cheesy cable sports 'live coverage!' thing makes me feel...claustrophobic. seems like it would be so unpleasant to be there, nothing of what I like about surfing is there.
  9. T

Wiggl

That was it! I didn't surf well enough at the time to really tell advantages of the flex, but also all the plastic fins of that era were so terrible in hindsight crazy how little there is on the internet about them and similar defunct systems now -- just swaylocks etc posts with broken links...
  10. T

Wiggl

I'm struggling to remember the details but one of my first shortboards -- this'd be around 2000 -- had some type of fin setup where the rear of the fin was free and therefore supposed to flex more. Maybe it plugged into only the front of some fcs1 plugs, or it was one of the now-defunct fin...
  11. T

Mollusk Surf Shop

I kinda feel compelled to make fun of their trying-to-be-hip aesthetic, but to be honest if I had the means to buy surfboards like some of the people in the yolo thread I'd be walking out of there with an impulse buy monthly.
  12. T

Watch out! Cyclist coming through

psssh, her watts/kg can't be that good looking like that
  13. T

Simon Shapes

what did you fill the hole with -- epoxy?
  14. T

The Official OBSF Support Group

feel like it was just so weird all winter. lots of sand all over the place I guess? every big swell everything south of noriega was just breaking super far out to sea. More distance and depth between the outer and inner sandbars? Last friday I surfed late afternoon on the negative low tide -- it...
  15. T

Laird Hamilton plastic surgery

in that movie and also the commercial where matt damon was shilling crypto both actors had something going on where I couldn't quite nail down what exactly looked wrong, but there was just something uncanny about the way they look. like their face looks fine in a photo but it doesn't move naturally.