Recent content by Tarab_ish

1. T

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

Tried to go for a quick lunchbreak surf at the beachbreak. the wind was threatening to pick up from the S, and so did right as I got out there. did one half decent turn and called it. At least there doesn't seem to be surf schools/surf PE here! I'm a little surprised there isn't the latter now...
  2. T

Hypothetical Lineup Engineering

Another project that could help the 805 is to remove the matilija dam, which is completely full of sediment that should have run to the ocean already. I think that's in the works(?) but I'm not sure of the timeframe. In 2005ish when I was in high school down there there was an unusually large...
  3. T

Slater in Bali

I must've seen more of him over a longer period than any other pro, and what always strikes me and what does in this clip is that he's always experimenting with boards, and his boards are always doing a particular thing on such a high level and other things not. Like here the speed he's getting...
  4. T

Beautiful Central California

I don't think I'm grumpy; I'm as stoked on surfing as I've ever been. I mostly just don't like social media/the internet panopticon (maybe that makes me sound grumpy, idk)
  5. T

Beautiful Central California

I agree that naming spots on the internet is in poor taste. I've been up and down the west coast a ton and have moved to new places and surfed certain reefs before even learning what they'e called, because I don't talk about surfing with many people (my friend group isn't surfers) and it gives...
  6. T

surfed the beach yesterday PM and today at sunset. so fun, the first legitimately good days this season imo. I was convinced it was going to be packed today but it was bizarrely empty. Lots of missed opportunities. Got a chip-in to a left (backside for me) that was doubling up, the section in...
  7. T

surfed the beach out front this afternoon. kinda weird, just barely peaking in front of the sand bar then pretty walled, some residual lump in the water made waves hard to catch. had to notice that other people were also missing a bunch to not get pissed at myself. always nice to paddle around...
  8. T

took the log out for the first time in a while. wind went from bumping it up to howling in the short amount of time I was out there. caught a few waves where I just parallel stance stood there while the wave barely broke on an outer bar then reformed inside.
  9. T

Album Surfboards

holy sh!t that's obnoxious. I like the guy I've gotten most of my boards from. If that guy were selling his time to hang out with him, calling himself a "celebrity" I wouldn't. lmao.
  10. T

The Craigslist Thread

I glanced at the first pic on this listing and thought "oh it's someone trying to sell their first attempt at making a board" but it says #328 at the bottom. wtf https://offerup.com/item/detail/1285121004?cid=surfboard
  11. T

somewhat annoying quick session this evening at the beach out front. Blew a couple easy ones, then got pissed at myself/psyched out, forgot how to stand up on another two. It's crazy how quickly 'knowing how to surf' can turn off for me sometimes. Went to the beach to go in, then paddled...
  12. T

^ I'm curious what 'the done thing' is when you hit a deer too. I used to surf a wave in a state park and when I'd drive in and out of there there were so many deer jumping out I was convinced I was going to hit one sooner or later. I had a hunter friend in that town so my plan then was to throw...
  13. T

Marathon session at the beach out front yesterday afternoon/evening, shorter one midday today. both times on my 'pulled off the scrap heap' 6'2" roundtail. really impressed with this board. It has a little less "quick burst of speed from a little pump" than other boards (I think it's because...
  14. T

really struck out. had the option to surf either yesterday or today. looked at the forecast and figured it might be a bit smaller but more consistent today. nope. drove down to crowded-pointbreak-land and sat on a longboarder's peak on my giant oversized fish thing. just no energy and pretty...
  15. T

The Craigslist Thread

this guy has relisted this like five times I think