Recent content by Swiftvelo

1. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

Definitely excited for you. Need pictures as soon as it shows up.
  2. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

I know. Probably it’s just the way the board is tilted?
  3. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

Had to grab a screen shot. Pottz was flying. Anyway you can see the slot between the fins pretty decent here.
  4. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

I’ve chatted with Vince. He’s more than happy to ship a board. There’s always North Pacific surf. He was a shaper at Rusty during the twinzer era. One of the rare ones that will post a picture with fins installed.
  5. Swiftvelo

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

Glad your experience was a 1000 times better than mine. My order was when he was relative new. My board is number 1200 or something. Your length comment reminded me that I had to argue for a few extra inches. Only thing I ask for, everything else design wise he had full authority over. It’s his...
  6. Swiftvelo

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

18 months from Manny Caro from his days up north. At first the phone would be picked up, stopped after six months. When is was picked up, told not to bother him and yelled at. Had two trips planed that the board wasn’t ready for. Was told six months. When it did show up it was the wrong color...
  7. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

There’s a video of Occy riding a twinzer as as well, all white board. He’s absolutely flying. I haven’t been able to find it though. Pottz was flying in those crap waves.
  8. Swiftvelo

Twinzer Feedback?

I like lower tail rocker. Had a 6’10 step twinzer, no matter how much I wanted it to work I moved it. Tail rocker was just too much and lacked drive. My current DD twinzer is 1 5/8 tail rocker.
  9. Swiftvelo

Stoker Machine

As an 8’6 it rides much shorter. Super fun on big mush burgers. Super fun board.
  10. Swiftvelo

Stoker Machine

Going to share what Bruce Fowler had to say about the Stoker story on another forum. Maybe I can get him to join here. The Stoker website: "The Real Story Behind the Stoke". Well now, that's an interesting recall of how things went. It might be suggested that there is some "bad blood"...
  11. Swiftvelo

A twinzer, a thruster and a bonzer walked into a (sand) bar..

You might want to see your doctor. If he tells you to rest, find another. I’ve been there with my arms, hands. Paddling would feel like being shocked. I started stretching and working on core to help stabilize my spine. You might have some bulging in a few disc? Few things I’ll ignore, spine...
  12. Swiftvelo

I hear you. Few days of swell I can barely put socks on. In water I still think in 18, take beatings I probably shouldn’t. On next board you could always bump up the thickness along with a concave deck. Have a stretch and really enjoy it. Only time I notice it is sitting on it, few surfs and...
  13. Swiftvelo

They definitely are easier to turn with foot placement forward like @need 4 speed said. I was referring to the magic of a proper placement of your back foot. They become a different animal for me.
  14. Swiftvelo

Now I remember GG talking about it on here. Rob Brown has done it on his instagram page. Once fyour doors in correct place .
  15. Swiftvelo

I remember seeing, reading Jobson would hot coat on his canards. Reason he was a fan of fin boxes. Wanted the canard as clean as possible. I’ve never met Jobson,only heard stories from guys here and on the shapers. He used a formula to set his placement, fillets would be increasing the stall...