Recent content by surfcheck101

1. surfcheck101

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Is this this best full rail turn on the Tour this year? pretty sick, never gets old
  2. surfcheck101

*** Official Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

I want to live and surf in a place where this is considered dogshit conditions, because if this was in my local today you couldn't get me out of the water!
  3. surfcheck101

*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

Does Jordy stand a chance today? or is it the John John show?
  4. surfcheck101

*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

Looks like great waves on tap today!
  5. surfcheck101

*** Official Rip Curl WSL Finals Contest Thread ***

I as well think Saturday or Sunday they may run the contest-more eyes on it and traffic on the beach, plus a bird in hand. But the better swell and direction will be next week, not factoring in the wind. Would personally rather see groomed groundswell.
  6. surfcheck101

***2023 Hurricane Season Thread***

Really enjoying the East Coast stoke on this thread! Nearly 30 years removed from east coast (except a 6-year stint in Newport RI) I completely understand the excitement surrounding tropical storms. First memories of surf trips were chasing storms up the coast, Hatteras and outter island runs...
  7. Santa Rosalia.mp4

Santa Rosalia.mp4

Santa Rosalia
  8. surfcheck101

First time I have personally seen a Tropical Storm watch for SD.
  9. surfcheck101

He would be correct, very quick jump in swell, surfed town for a few hours, well overhead, some clean up sets, sideshore winds and ok shape with the tide pushing. Once the swell get well overhead and moves further out on the reef its like surfing a new spot- new rocks, boils and whatnot. This...
  10. surfcheck101

Wind looks like a no go for southern Baja and up the East Cape.
  11. surfcheck101

XTR

The only issue I have with XTR is the build is so damn good and nearly bulletproof I have cut back on my board buying because my boards last so long!
  12. surfcheck101

When's the last time you surfed and how was it?

The easier question would be when is the last time I didnt surf :waving: been nonstop waves in my little area of Mexico since beginning of May. Swell from all directions, some tropical mixed in to keep it lively and generally favorable conditions. Plus the Mexican government didnt change the...
  13. surfcheck101