Recent content by Surfanything

1. S

The COIL review thread

Nice looking board! It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but is it a variation of blur? Widerboard?
  2. S

Recommend A Step Up/Good Wave Board

I guess it all depends your standard daily driver and the types of waves you’re chasing. Are you trying to tuck into barrels in the northeast or Outer Banks? Or is it flatter faces that can be found in most portions of the southeast? For the former, assuming you commonly ride shortboards, a...
  3. S

FCS2 = Garbage

To the original point of the thread, I’d be bummed as well. I can’t say I’ve ever checked the screws on a new board until I’m getting ready to surf. You guys can take this for what it’s worth, but I’ve been told by 2 shapers that the depth of the fcs2 box makes it stronger than a standard...
  4. S

Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

My current working list: Fins: FCS, due to variety of templates Tailpad: DaKine and/or octopus Leash: Creatures of leisure. Comfortable and they seem to last. Board bag: DaKine. Less zipper corrosion. Glassing: whoever Roberts is using EPS build: Coil Wax: Fu wax. This one has honesty been...
  5. S

The COIL review thread

Took the M80 out today. The combination of durability and wave versatility is hard to beat. Being someone that goes through ALOT of boards from multiple manufacturers, I can’t say enough about what Kirk is doing!