Recent content by spjones123

1. S

XTR Breakage?

One thing I would redo for a Kandui quiver is have two of my favorite board, with one slightly more volume. Say 30L and 32L. Enough so I can feel the paddle difference but still feels like the same board. Some of those lefts can have a pretty grinding current. We didn’t surf them a bunch but...
  2. S

Album Surfboards

I don’t see how it’s the same as before. He was all over albums feed, Parker’s and visa versa..and album was on his profile. Now it’s just beer and e-bikes. Something is up
  3. S

Album Surfboards

Again, no mention of album by Kerr and no mention of Kerr vid by Album.
  4. S

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

This doesn’t seem to garner much interest but I’ve almost ordered a few times. I forget what exactly Tim said but something like at the same dims it has ~3/8 less rocker on both ends and the nose is .5inch wider than a Flare http://www.surfboardsbystamps.com/vulture
  5. S

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

If you’re trying to stay in the same lane as the rnf96 (which I love), I just snagged a Retro Tripper off Clist. Only one surf in but noticeably more rocker, bit knife’ier. Feels good and same fins for both!!
  6. S

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

very limited experience but xtr was in the past subject to Lost’s whims like the rest of us. they kept chasing for my board but couldn’t get the finished blank back from them. I’d still try Xtr again for Lost. Love the foam
  7. S

That’s good to hear. Main reason I went C4 construction instead of xtr. We’ll see, fingers crossed
  8. S

I felt bad I never had a bad custom experience. Over under on July 1st?
  9. S

Album Surfboards

I’m very intrigued by the twin vs quad heel toe. People here seem to like it. But I feel like only the fans speak up. Anyway try Albums set up and just went back to straight twin or quad?
  10. S

stretch boards support and board pron thread

Do we like channels on shorter fishy boards. They’re all the rage on midlengths. I’m afraid to try a channel board for the first time at full new board prices
  11. S

Super Buzz. Review

The front fins are pretty far apart, even for boards of this general design. Spit keels of any sort seem to work well https://www.surfnvs.com/products/album-fascination-quad-apex
  12. S

Mindbender: 2-board quiver, same model

Does Flare and Flare Up count? Different models…technically
  13. S

Album Surfboards

How long did it take them for the Lost??
  14. S

Tomo MPH

I certainly don’t know how to run a global board brand, and Dan certainly comes off as a smart guy. But I don’t get the xtr vs his eps argument just based on geography. How many people here have ordered xtr boards but aren’t going to bother with the hassle of international shipping? Pretty much...