Recent content by SixtyGrit

1. S

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Yeah, I think u nailed it. anything with <7" of nose rocker and >19" of width is a midlength.
  2. S

Surfboard Storage

I'm in the process of building a shed for my boards, and I'm loving this thread. Currently under consideration on my side is ventilation for summer months, and fin storage / display.
  3. S

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

How do we define mid length, again? I need to know if I should feel guilty for riding a 6'7 twin at a reef in the summer in so cal.
  4. S

*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

Yah, vid was sick.
  5. S

Album Surfboards

Ok, so what do I buy that you'd want to swapsies once in a while? Plasmid?
  6. S

Album Surfboards

That thing looks sick. When would I ride it over my 6'7 Townsend?
  7. S

Broccoli twin test

Sometimes I wish shapers would have a genealogy graphic to explain their shapes, and characteristics of their evolution.
  8. S

Broccoli twin test

I don't recall him saying that the tail had more rocker flip - you sure about that? I can't imagine a winged LB with more tail rocker would work as well as his did... My LB is a favorite without extra flip, and mine doesn't have a wing, but I surf slopey SD wavez...
  9. S

Album Surfboards

Sick boars. In my experience, you'll get pressures, but they don't really get more numerous or much worse. It always looks"lightly used". Construction is solid.
  10. S

Album Surfboards

I fully endorse the extra glass on the tail... I helped frontsidegrab with the glassing and I'm ready to do the same on my lightbender, but I'll probably pursue getting some lighter glass for it first. I used 4oz on his.
  11. S

The Craigslist Thread

I sorta don't feel bad at all blowing up this guy's spot: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-album-twinsman-xtr-surfboard/7493685333.html I sold this to him for $450 a few months ago after the first fin failure (and I was transparent about it). Dudes trying to make $200 on that...
  12. S

Sharpeye Surfboards

Solid callback.
  13. S

Sharpeye Surfboards

My thoughts too. I'd be lying if I said it couldn't be the archer, but I had LOTs of chances to make the thing work that day. Even after I slid out on a bottom turn, I said, "hey Sixty, maybe your foot wasn't back all the way...". Adjusted, made SURE my foot was back, pushed off my bottom...
  14. S

Sharpeye Surfboards

My first time riding my cheater was HH good conditions at my local. It was embarrassing. I sized mine at 5'8" stonk, same EPS construction. It doesn't belong under my feet in anything larger than stomach high for me. Such a curvy outline, insanely fun in small, racy beaches.
  15. S

Sharpeye Surfboards

Says it was designed for quality waves... So not me.