Recent content by sh3

1. sh3

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

There's some swell out there, even in this swell desert we call the 805.
  2. sh3

The never-ending thread about nothing.

Why do we call Bumble Bees "Bumble" bees but we don't call wasps "Fucking Asshole" bees?
  3. sh3

Cheyenne horan fins

@oneula - Futures is probably going to re-release the Vector fins. So stoked on this idea. Loved those fins. HATED the scimitar version, but the 465s with the hatchet fin were incredible. (as long as they weren't hex-core. broke a few of those.)
  4. sh3

Starts as a really intense workout, but it gets easier with skill. I dig it. Each level brings new challenges. First there was just standing. Then standing and getting on foil. Then keeping it on foil. Then keeping it on foil for more than 10 seconds. Then jibing. Then going toe side...
  5. sh3

Cheyenne horan fins

Exactly. Used one on a longboard for years. Super fun, but sea grass and kelp were a nightmare. Bad enough with a normal fin, the Starfin just exaggerated it. Never did try one on a shortboard.
  6. sh3

Jim Banks Revolution

Aren't familiar with those, but have had a few HTR boards from Jim. Never a dud among them. Jim is an amazing dude and smart shaper. His boards all held up well - until I broke a leash on a late drop DOH day at Little Rincon - the board washed straight into the rocks. Destroyed. Also, don't...
  7. sh3

YOLO ALERTS

That matching traction pad is impressive. I say you go full contrasting color with the leash string - like an international orange or similar.
  8. sh3

Zero swell and lots of wind - did the wing foil thing again Saturday and Sunday. F it's addicting. I swore I would never buy myself a midlength board. I need to revisit that and say: I'll never buy a mid length SURFboard. But I am going to get myself a midlength wing foil board for...
  9. sh3

Snapper World Champs Heat

The pizza comment actually kind of saddened me. I was gonna mention that earlier. She said it like she's never ever allowed to touch, let alone think about, pizza. "If you win, I'll let you have pizza." Ugh. Even my wife commented on that one.
  10. sh3

Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

They both are XTR. The "new" one is actually the older style and the channel isn't nearly as pronounced. Both Tomo style. Got it from a guy who has had it for years and never rode it. Literally never. Felt like I discovered gold. Isn't, but still felt like it.
  11. sh3

My 33+ liter 5'6" GMM2 is noticeably different - and not in a good way - to my 30 liter 5'7" GMM2 that @sdsrfr inherited. The larger 5'6" obviously pushes water more and doesn't have the same 'get up & go' that the smaller board has. Interesting because they're the same width (19") but the...
  12. sh3

She hasn't yet been jaded by reality of her situation. She's probably a bit too young to grasp that not everyone can just go to Fiji for a month to work on lefts. I liked that she was articulate and polite; she was also way more open that most CT'ers because, again, she hasn't yet learned that...
  13. sh3

Anyone else seeing how GOOD these conditions are?!
  14. sh3

Last intentional air I did was about 4 years ago, just before I turned 50. Backside front arm grab. Then ruined my shoulder, didn't surf for a year plus, and now I suck. #cryingemoji I still do enjoy surfing. Oh yeah, per this thread: 54 years old, 5'10", 165 pounds, usually use about...
  15. sh3

Gabriel Medina Got Robbed In Portugal, Bells and Margs (title edited due to the trifecta)

I made sure to like Gabe's comment - hilarious! But Sam Pupo even threw down: Every score counts, no matter what. If the season ends and you're 200 points short, it's because of THAT score.