Recent content by SFKneelo

1. SFKneelo

The guy who set himself on fire outside Trump's trial was a poster here...

Here’s a couple of pictures of his memorial I took a few weeks ago in Saigon.
  2. SFKneelo

Shark Attack - Marin County

Yes on sightings, yes on sometimes getting a vibe… think there was an attack way back in the 50’s if I remember the Shark Attack Files. When asked, I put it in terms of California. You’ve got LA-quantity morsels at the rookeries South, and SF population to the North, Farallon and in the Bay...
  3. SFKneelo

Becoming an older surfer

Stella Artois has a good NA Athletic has a whole line-up that are good
  4. SFKneelo

Fin question for the water photogs, boogiers, and body whompers

I’m still using Makapuus, but added DMC Repellors. Very comfortable!
  5. SFKneelo

Happy birthday SFKneelo!

Thank you kind Sir(s!). Joshua, was surprised to see my handle, but very much appreciated! It’s a milestone birthday this year, where it’s a bit of WTF, how’d I get here? All good! Looking forward to a surf tomorrow, and keeping it stiff! Soup, you’re at the milestone too, right? Hope to...
  6. SFKneelo

Maui newcomer beatdown video

Visited once in 1981… remember a gate sign that read ‘Notre Spassing’ (breaks out the Spanish translation book… DOH!)
  7. SFKneelo

Odd Question for the Board: Any Coin Collectors Here?

I’m guessing you have loose or otherwise uncertified coins, and delving into grading. Silver vs clad is super-easy… dimes, quarters and up ‘64 or earlier is 90% silver. Look at the edge and it’s solid colored vs two tone More important is first type, year and mint. Look up value online. Start...
  8. SFKneelo

you really missed it.....

Simon Farrer, multiple time World Champ, representing the kneelos…
  9. SFKneelo

The Official OBSF Support Group

There’s these plans, and similar ones on Surfrider… think you’re right: https://sfrecpark.org/1172/Ocean-Beach-Climate-Adaptation-Project
  10. SFKneelo

Breathholding contest in La Jolla?

Last time I saw Santiago was at Playa Hermosa years later. He was enjoying life. That night was some crazy partying and our crew thought it best to scoot from Jaco. Many years have passed since… That’s a great pic for memories! Wonder what happened to next door neighbor Gary… Janet… she was a...
  11. SFKneelo

The Surf Nazi has spoken: No access for you

Breaking news: The area due East of Point Conception is experiencing an unexpected increase in the number of Ornate shrews, red-legged frogs And Snowy plover. Experts are befuddled by this sudden migration...
  12. SFKneelo

Endurance = NOT DONE!!!!!

Literally finished “Madhouse at the End of the Earth: The Belgica’s Journey into the Dark Antarctic Night” yesterday. That preceded Shackleton, and Amundsen was first to the pole afterwards. Definitely badasses! What a cool discovery!
  13. SFKneelo

Shingles Vaccine.. Yay or Nay?

I had my first last month, and scheduling my 2nd. Had a sore arm and was ‘off’ a day or two. My Mom got shingles years ago, and she’s still dealing with it. My brother-in-law just got it. What they had in common was radiation treatment. Both highly suggested getting the shots.
  14. SFKneelo

What was your first job?

14/15 over the summer. Dana Point Fuel Dock, ruled by the feisty and classic Reginald Sargent Doll, and his sidekick Doberman Capt’n Bligh. Buddies and I were attendants, and it was good times! Cal, veteran and Native American, was always there to talk story. Between the fishing fleet, yacht...