Recent content by SD_Dan

1. SD_Dan

Album Surfboards

Here you go: Twinbender: The Twinsman in a lightbender outline. A modern fish with some enhanced performance. All the user friendly speed and easy performance you get from a Twinsman, but in a fishier platform. Similar to the Lightbender, more width carried throughout and a beak nose. Allows you...
  2. SD_Dan

Pyzalien 2

I had the standard Pyzalien but I’d get an XL in XTR or another alt construction if I got another. Mainly since I surf in CA if I was in Hawaii or somewhere with stronger waves I’d do the standard.
  3. SD_Dan

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

I thought it was funny when Benji asked if Firewire was built in China and if Dark Arts are built in Thailand. :roflmao:
  4. SD_Dan

XTR

it use to be a couple times a year but I haven’t seen anything since they updated their website and upped the prices last year. Still they’re competitively priced compared to lots of other options.
  5. SD_Dan

Tomo MPH

I’m 6’1 190 mediocre surfing ability. Had a 5’6 Evo and 5’7.. I liked the 5’7 better. The lift due to the channels reminded me of the Plasmic a little however plasmic is better imo.
  6. SD_Dan

XTR

I had a few stringered XTRs with the standard glassing schedule. My recollection is that they felt similar to PU with 4/4 glassing. Maybe a tad lighter.
  7. SD_Dan

Help me decide on a board

I had the og pyzalien and the squished down version of the twinsman. I thought the sweet spot for those was chest to overhead and really liked both of them. Pyzalien is a user friendly Shortboard. Twinsman performance twin sometimes found back foot placement tricky but clicked with both boards...
  8. SD_Dan

Tomo MPH

9. SD_Dan

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

The episode with Alex Villalobos from a while back is also really good.
  10. SD_Dan

Slater Designs Great White Twin

This lady was ripping on her great white the other day.
  11. SD_Dan

Album Surfboards

I admire how comfortable and stylish he looks surfing such a wide variety of boards. Amazing.
  12. SD_Dan

XTR glassing question

I’m around 190 and have had a few XTRs. All were stringered 644. Those went good for me in terms of weight they were lighter than poly but not as light as dark arts. I have never surfed a dark arts board but picked up a few and they seem noticeably lighter than the xtr boards I’ve had.
  13. SD_Dan

Boardroom 23’

Thanks for the report. Is Firewire phasing out their other techs? Looks like those boards are all volcanic.
  14. SD_Dan

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

I feel your pain.
  15. SD_Dan

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

Dear Ocean, Please send waves. Thanks