Recent content by San Gabriel Valley local

1. S

rip mayor1

One of my favorite posters here. RIP.
  2. S

The erBB spoke...CVS listened.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/hello-cake-stroker-double-sided-men-s-personal-massager-toy-prodid-479490 Check out the ratings and review section :monkey: : 3 ValueOut of 5 3 Meets expectations Out of 5 3 Quality Out of 5 Girth is a consideration I'm about the thickness of a tuna can. Squeezing...
  3. S

*** The Official 2023 What Are You Listening To Thread ***

This is one of the videos I posted on YouTube, it was the most memorable and surreal concert experience I've ever had for sure. I entered the lottery to buy tickets but wasn't picked initially. Then I got an email on Monday that additional tickets would be released but I missed the release...
  4. S

LA and OC suggestions

Yep, there's a link to that trailhead in my post. This is good info especially the part about the parking signs...at rush hour they tow all parked cars on Los Feliz. I think Brukuns could probably handle the walk from Los Feliz, but it sounds like there will be a 3 year old accompanying them...
  5. S

LA and OC suggestions

Here's my suggestions for the Observatory: * When it gets crowded, it is sometimes (often?) not possible to park near the observatory, in which case you will have to park somewhere else and either hike up or take a DASH shuttle. * If this happens, most tourists park in the lot or on the street...
  6. S

Update on Sunny?

https://traffic.scscourt.org/search 19PR186496 Conservatorship of Vincent Garcia, III
  7. S

***The Official LA Isn't So Bad Thread***

lol I should have been more specific: Heztler to Jefferson to Obama to La Brea to the 10 East to the 110 north to Fair Oaks :p
  8. S

***The Official LA Isn't So Bad Thread***

Too funny, I was at the overlook yesterday from about 6:30 to 8:00 p.m....drove through that intersection on the way there but took Obama to to La Brea on the way back!
  9. S

Darker Waves Festival @ HB

If you're talking about the Cruel World festival in 2022, It was originally scheduled in 2020 but was postponed due to Covid. Echo and the Bunnymen dropped out from the 2022 festival, but the 25 other bands on that lineup played on Saturday and again on Sunday (same lineup both days, I went on...
  10. S

Dang, my kid didn’t get into any public CA University with a 4.2 GPA that was applied to.

Should given an update earlier, but my youngest got off the UCSB wait list and honestly he couldn't be in a better place. He's walking distance to Campus Point from his dorm, so he's surfing more and improving (he's a beginning-intermediate surfer). Gets along good with his dorm roommates...
  11. S

*** The Official Celebrity Sightings Thread***

Today I had my second Ron Perlman sighting, he was sitting in his car by himself in the parking lot of our local wine shop smoking a cigar, backed into the parking spot (for a quick getaway in case anyone recognized him?). He joins the exclusive two-time celebrity sighting club whose members...
  12. S

*** Official Backpacking Thread ***

From the Manker trailhead there are 3 options to hike Mt. Baldy: service road/Devil's Backbone (~6 miles to the summit), Ski Hut (~4 miles to the summit), and Register Ridge (3+ miles to the summit). Whichever route you take from Manker, the elevation gain is ~4000 feet. My favorite time to...
  13. S

Anyone ridden a MOTE Fiji?

I got a 6'8" Tur Twin Pin as a user friendly option for small waves, a longboard alternative when I don't want to put the work in riding a short board, but it's more versatile than that. I love it, it's fast in a drivey way and easy to generate speed, and turns feel flowing and free. Rocker is...
  14. S

*** The Official Celebrity Sightings Thread***

Couple more: Johnny Depp (Fog City Diner SF) Daphne Zuniga (Beverly Center, Marouch restaurant in Hollywood)