Recent content by RobG814

1. RobG814

Varial RIP

You’re prob right. I immediately went to the site to buy one I have had my eye on but can’t justify it without the bro deal.
  2. RobG814

WTB: True Ames Lovelace Piggyback Twins

Anybody got a set with Futures base they aren’t using? Thanks!
  3. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Was tempted by this until I zoomed in on that butt crack https://albumsurf.com/collections/used-boards/products/57-twinbender-used
  4. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Agreed. I have been snowboarding for over 20years and I am definitely picky with construction, flex patterns, camber, etc.
  5. RobG814

Album Surfboards

What’s the consensus on Varial, XTR, Dark Arts or PU? I have 2 PU albums and have been considering a Varial for my next one. Also have an opportunity to pick up a good deal on a Dark Arts but I have heard they are not as durable. Weight does not really concern me as much as durability. Also an...
  6. RobG814

Album Surfboards

It’s ridiculous that they are selling these boards for a premium price with this bad of a glass job. Are the majority of surfers buying these things totally clueless?
  7. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Pizza Pizza
  8. RobG814

Album Surfboards

That’s a good call, thanks.
  9. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Has anyone out there had the same model board direct from Album and also in Varial? One of my buddies has a Varial Twinsman and it is quite a bit different than my PU. His has a beaked nose and the flat deck is not nearly as pronounced as the one I have from Album. Been thinking about ordering...
  10. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Is it just me or does the nose rocker look crazy high on this thing? Granted I have not had an HPSB in years so maybe I forgot what it looks like.
  11. RobG814

7'2" Takayama Howard Mini

Excellent name Mr. Bob Dobbalina
  12. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Mine is 5’3” x 20” x 2.5”. I’m 5’9” 150lb and it is quite a bit more volume than my other shortboards but it seems to work with this thing. I will probably downsize to a 5’2” on my next one but I don’t mind the extra foam in a board like this. I can still take it out on a knee high day and it rips.
  13. RobG814

Album Surfboards

I highly suggest Christenson upright twins in the Plasmic. Perfect combination of hold, drive and release for me. I am in NC and have been running them in my Plasmic for the past couple years. It is by far my favorite board for most east coast days. Mine has a slightly different tail shape.
  14. RobG814

Album Surfboards

Stopped by a local shop the other day and they have 3 stock Twinsmans on the rack. $850 a pop. 5’4”, 5’6” and 5’8” Not sure if they ship but just in case anyone is interested: Sweetwater Surf Shop, Wrightsville Beach, NC