rgruber's latest activity

• R
    rgruber replied to the thread Good hooded 4/3?.
    I can only think about "So I Married an Axe Murderer": Look at the size of that boy's head. I’m not kidding. It's like an orange on a...
  • R
    Anyone know of a good 3/2 or even all 2 mil with smoothskin? Need something for the cold, windy offshore days where the water is still...
  • R
    I don't really trust booties without velcro cinch straps across the foot not to end up swollen and full of water.
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread DHD - "Utopia".
    Doesn't seem all that dissimilar from the DHD Project 15 I had years ago- flatter rocker, single to double, wider in nose and tail...
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread CI Twin Pin.
    Mine went great in perfect mainland Mexico point breaks at about chest to head high. I was surfing backside which shouldn't really be...
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread CI Twin Pin.
    I've been running the Britt Merrick Twins but besides a trip to Mexico where it went great in perfect point breaks I haven't really...
  • R
    Anyone have any experience with Ghost Shapes? Think they do some boards for the Surfboard Broker. I like the look of their Ghobra...
  • R
    I'm out in CA the month of December so I could order something and pick up then. Besides a few Ricky Carrolls when I was in high...
  • R
    Yeah, this looks pretty good. I've thought about one of these before. Thanks for reminding me. Kinda want to throw channels in it and...
  • R
    New York.
  • R
    All interesting boards but more eggy than maybe I'd want. Kinda thinking of a fuller width (but not thickness) shortboard more than a...
  • R
    I've become addicted to the glide of my 7'0 mid length. Really nice smooth turns, good wave catching ability but mostly it's the feel of...
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread Puddle Jumper Pro review.
    The Real Review is on their site: https://www.realwatersports.com/collections/lost-puddle-jumper-pro Not particularly enlightening but...
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread Firewire cancels FCS.
    I dropped FCS for Futures a few years back just because most of my off the rack boards started coming with Futures. The fins seem like...
  • R
    rgruber replied to the thread Modern board like Lost RV.
    Couldn't buy a Manta, GMM or Stamps WTF, just too ugly and straight outlines though I know people swear by them. Need a little curve and...