Recent content by Retropete

1. Retropete

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

Which opens up a side point. Wonder how many of these boards have been chosen due to their daily driver utility? My two choices were due to their feel in good waves that I wouldn't want to be without. Assume the Pyzel ghost is in this catergory.
  2. Retropete

Ryan Burch Surfboards

"Who cares about an extra 2"s?" Said no girl, ever. You should post up your Trestles lefthanders on the Tomo thread. No one cares about seeing Casa surf.
  3. Retropete

Ryan Burch Surfboards

It's a desperate move to coax Frosty away from Tomos and get him on team Burch! So far it would seem all his best efforts to this end have been in vain.
  4. Retropete

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

DVS carbon 7' rocket fish Tomo Volcano jizz Cymatic :nana:
  5. Retropete

Geoff McCoy - Done

RIP Geoff. He was an innovator and gentleman. Just got myself a shiny new 6'1" nugget recently. My first McCoy was in 81 when I was living in Bondi. Saw Cheyne, his brother Steve and their mate Adrian out there ripping on the early McCoy lazor zaps. My mate Dave and I both ordered one. Wish I...
  6. Retropete

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

And this my friends is where Yuri comes in.
  7. Retropete

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

The Chinese do indeed have a team. I know for sure because they have been clogging up the lineups in my locale for over a year. So annoying because 6-8 of them all paddle out together and have no etiquette. The pack was out at my local point (softest on the entire coast) yesterday. How on earth...
  8. Retropete

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

The leash string is a through the board from the fin box one so is what is. The least of this dogs problems is how a leash attaches to it. I moved the fin forward before riding it. Not too much fin. Bit of an optical illusion with the pic angle.
  9. Retropete

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Back to the Challenger series with you young George...thanks for coming! Jeebus! JJF!
  10. Retropete

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

Do you even surf Bro? :monkey:
  11. Retropete

It's a so so paddler around the flats which is normal for boards with significant belly in the front but doesn't glide into waves with anything special either. Once up and riding it just has a single gear feel. It's going as fast as it goes, resisting anything i could do to get it to giddy up...
  12. Retropete

New Surftech for you.
  13. Retropete

I'd lay money on the reason they have introduced it is to fill the gap that was left by the Harley Ingleby Mid6 being taken out of their board lineup by the loss of the Thunderbolt boards. It has more foam than the Mid6's in comparable sizes and is touted to have a better low end range, be more...
  14. Retropete

I bought this Christenson 7'2" tracker yesterday for about the price of a six pack and a carton of ciggies. Going to take it for a paddle soon. Hope it goes better than the 8' tracker 2.0 I bought new a few years back. That has the dubious distinction of being the worst midlength I've ever...
  15. Retropete

FCS vs. Futures Fin Cant

Good question. I prefer my fins installed on the bottom of my boards so I’ll just have to speculate on the answer to this one.