Recent content by Retropete

1. Retropete

Why Was Casa Banned??

Paraphrasing myself...something along the lines of: when the puritanical forum po po see this someone could end up in hot water. Obviously it wasn't the thread that caused his banning because it is still up and open for comments.
  2. Retropete

Why Was Casa Banned??

I just went back to see if it was Casa was the one who started that thread. My post in that one has turned out to be prophetic.
  3. Retropete

Modern-ish twin?

Cool stuff. Man you're mate has a severe case of windmill arms...I'm a bit seasick after watching his contortions. Good work on the boards.
  4. Retropete

How much design detail and info does your shaper have on his website about the boards?

Yeah but there's nothing new in board design anyway...all been done before...GG is here to remind us.
  5. Retropete

How much design detail and info does your shaper have on his website about the boards?

C'mon...cherry picking. The rest of the paragraph...thanks. "Doesn’t like shifty short fetch beach breaks that require a quick get away, has loads of drive out of the bottom turn from the larger center fin, which in turn makes it difficult to get instant top end speed from the first pump if the...
  6. Retropete

Come across plenty of surfboard websites that have very poor amount of info about their various board models. Part of the reason why we come here to ask opinions, discover what other users have found and compare notes about boards. Super impressed with the Sunova website for the amount of detail...
  7. Retropete

Greedy Beaver

Scroll down the page to the video of him painting a board. Maybe "Kids, don't do drugs" advisory is in play!
  8. Retropete

Greedy Beaver

I actually reckon Firewire skimmed the design from closer to home. Insert a bit of GG style intrigue here: Exibhit A is the long running Sunova dynamo model which Burt Burger made years ago for Vance Burrows (Taj's father) long before Firewire ever made an Addvance model from a board that Vance...
  9. Retropete

Dripping wet pussy (aka Greedy Beaver 2.0)

If the puritanical Forum po po don't let us post nipples I can see someone ending up in deep water soon. :dancing:
  10. Retropete

Greedy Beaver

Since you're used to Tomos you will find its lack of speed underfoot frustrating. You're wife won't mind it. When its small the pulled in tail isn't a plus for keeping speed through turns but the wide nose is good for standing forward and trimming. The bamboo decked lft ones are more lively than...
  11. Retropete

Hipster Du Learns to Shed Tiger on a Trusty

He's from Noosa. Guilty by association.
  12. Retropete

Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

What about this twin? https://www.facebook.com/206394032715569/photos/pcb.3159145230773753/3159144817440461/?type=3&theater
  13. Retropete

Indolation

Truth and daughter in there I assume?
  14. Retropete

Slater in Bali

Exactly. $1700 = more difficult.
  15. Retropete

Slater in Bali

Seeing as his job description would be pro surfer I would think he applied for a business visa without too much drama. Sure if you are only trying to enter on a tourist visa it is going to be more difficult.