Recent content by Retropete

1. Retropete

Best crowd killer performance board

How's that Sunday working out for its intended duties as a crowd killer? Rant: there's an adult learner, recent blow in at my local beach break who's got a new Sunday that would be 7' or more that is a complete and utter pest on the thing. One of those annoying guys that paddles around...
  2. Retropete

Fin kit. What's your setup.

S-wings sighted. What's your opinion? Mainly thinking as twins for various boards of alt shapes.
  3. Retropete

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

Just don't be this guy...an oldy but such a goody!
  4. Retropete

Black Friday Deals

For Aussies.
  5. Retropete

Fin kit. What's your setup.

IVe got the same toolbox (though mine is old and crappy) so gave it a wash and have repurposed it as a fin and accs box which is neater than the plastic box I was using. No longer have to dig around for stuff in the box.
  6. Retropete

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

Hugo has a Black Friday sale going on. 20% off all boards. Just sold the Evo this morning. I want a shorter fish from him. Must resist. A raincheck is in play...pretty funny considering the soaking we are currently getting. https://hughiesboards.com/collections/surfboards
  7. Retropete

New HS board models - for black friday

Imagine buying this one and after one surf deciding it was not going to work for you and then trying to sell it. https://au.haydenshapes.com/collections/20-off-surfboards-new-limited-models/products/virtue-futureflex-canary-yellow Might take a while.
  8. Retropete

Tomo MPH

I was such a skeptic when I look back on the early days of this thread. Then I bought a Nano and with the first wave on it the whole modern planing hull concept was validated for me. I eventually sold it to a guy from an Aussie forum who had been asking me constantly to sell it to him as he...
  9. Retropete

Tomo MPH

Man I love having a Nano again. Rode it with AMT twin plus trailer in weak 1-2 windswell this morning. Luckily has FCS 2 so popped out the trailer fin and put it in my boardshorts pocket (Qld spring time = warm water) and board felt so nice and free.
  10. Retropete

I'm the outlier when it comes to the Christenson flat tracker. Always lot of love for it on here but maybe it suits California waves far better than the points of Noosa where I rode mine. I just prefer the concave bottom mids for the accelerator pedal under the foot feel compared to the boards...
  11. Retropete

Been spoiled by longer twin surfing with flair of late and so to me that footage shows a board that looks stiff and a bit slow with that 2+1 set up with large sidebites. I mean its good just a bit 2015 is all. It doesn't make me go "Wow, I really want one of those so i can paddle out and do that...
  12. Retropete

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

I have to keep an eye out for termites.
  13. Retropete

Pyzel Mini Ghost

Spot on. He came from some full tilt work environment in Vicco (can't recall what right now) so he's a bit intense for us cruisey Sunny coasters. Far cry from the old Plantation shop at Mooloolaba. If you ever feel like a foray into the world of wooden boards go see Hugo at Hughies (Yaroomba) or...
  14. Retropete

Pyzel Mini Ghost

Apparently they are going to take over Alex surf as well. If true interesting as Cory used to be one of Neill's staff before doing the 6th Ave shop.