Recent content by RattimusBeach

1. R

Self-Shaped Boards, Let’ See ‘em

Self-shaped and glassed. Poly + Epoxy Resin. Both surprisingly work great! Next is a pintail twin.
  2. R

5'3 Mandala ASQ

Hey grendel! How did you like that board? Was it too big/small?
  3. R

Boards for Sale - Torrance

Hey Waterlogged05, Nostalgic post! Honestly, it was one of the best shortboards my brother and I surfed. Worked best in better surf (3-5ft decent power), it felt great and under control in those conditions. I surfed it at my normal volume range and we both regret selling it off. Haven't found...
  4. R

Whats wrong with this board??

Makes me feel better about my own glassing ;)
  5. R

Second Self Shape

Did the epoxy saturate well for you? With one layer of 4oz or 6oz it saturated well but with two layers (4oz+4oz) I ended up with a lot of tiny bubbles. I used a good amount of resin too, I wasn't trying to skimp out.
  6. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks man! I'm trying but it's definitely hard being away from the water. Just been swimming everyday at the gym. Gotta find a way to get to the ocean more! Surfing any new boards?
  7. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks Aruka! Have you been glassing your boards using poly resin? I'm not sure if it's just the epoxy I got but it's terrible to use. Might try poly next...just watching video and it looks like it saturates so much better all the way to the rails.
  8. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks everyone for your positive vibes! Now only if they will ever open up Surf Ranch to the locals haha I'm only 30 minutes away...
  9. R

Second Self Shape

That's good to hear! A Burch asymm might be my next custom order for sure. I don't think I can shape something like that. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give the Akila's a try if I can find a set.
  10. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks guys! Yup, just learning on YouTube. I went with fuller rails not as tapered down as my fish. I used Kazuma's recommendation with the rail measurements. His videos are the best. JKB, the dims are 5'2 x 18.5 x 2.25. Surprisingly catches waves much easier compared to my fish. Even...
  11. R

Second Self Shape

My second board after shaping a 4'10 fish. Tried a twin pickle-fork but with a standard hybrid outline vs the more parallel shapes you see around. I had an old CI Pod and Pod Mod that I loved so used them as a base outline. I was also curious to shape a pickle fork and as I imagined, it sucked...
  12. R

Ryan Burch Surfboards

Looks so sick JKB! Lemme know how it goes!
  13. R

True Ames R. Lovelace Keel vs. Piggyback

If anybody is looking to sell their Lovelace Piggybacks, please let me know! Thank you!
  14. R

I started a surf brand...

Thanks for checking!
  15. R

I started a surf brand...

Yea, definitely a tough market. Thanks!