Recent content by radair

1. R

Best foil for beginners, 2022 version?

I agree on the mid aspect for learning. More stable than HA wings and your jibe, tack and foot switch progression will go much faster.
  2. R

Wingfoiling In The Cold, wetsuit advice????

Yes, it's called the Lewis Hunting Response, check out this iKitesurf post. I think if you do it right you can warm up your fingers before the barfies set in. But it works either way, if you're patient enough to take a short break and get the blood flowing.
  3. R

Impact vests

I have a couple of Billabong vests I bought for wake foiling (required by law). I often wear one winging and it does help with warmth on cold days. One of my buddies got speared in the back and it poked a hole in his vest but did no damage to him. I like the extra flotation as well. I took a...
  4. R

I recently switched to 3mm 5-fingered gloves for winging as the water warms here in New England. I can tolerate the 5 mm lobster style gloves as long as the wind is consistent enough to allow copious harness use. My fingers still get cold in the 3 mm but I can tolerate it until I have a chance...
  5. R

Progression Project

I am also a glutton for almost any foil content. The PP sometimes gets too involved in numbers like 980 vs 1210, which only makes sense if you know what manufacturer(s) they're talking about. I much prefer the episodes where they're discussing concepts or technique or historical stuff. I met...
  6. R

Foilfeed

Heavy conditions, much heavier than video can capture I am sure. Like Juan says, it would be nice to have a harbor or rivermouth for access.
  7. R

I use a 4/3 suit in April/May, with a hooded vest if it's a cold day.
  8. R

Foil Froth Fever

I am as stoked as ever, but I've only been foiling for 14+ months and winging for 8. Summer is the doldrums for wind in the northeast US so we're doing well to wing one day a week (even then it may be marginal). Living 1.5 hours inland means I spend a lot of time behind boats, which is a blast...
  9. R

Armstrong riders experiences

The new HA925 is the real deal. I just got it yesterday. Unbelievable pumping and gliding. This clip is my very first pull on it: After I had a few more pulls and got used to it I pumped twice as far as I ever have gone. It turns really well too.
  10. R

Leash for foil

Keep at it and let us know how you make out.
  11. R

Leash for foil

I predict you will find this is not the case. We don't use a leash when wake foiling and on a windy day it can be a royal pain in the ass to chase down a runaway foil board. When your board eventually catches a swell it will run way faster than you can swim. Best wishes I've been using a Kaohi...
  12. R

Armstrong riders experiences

Fast forward a few months, how are you liking the 1125? I have been holding off since I figure the day after I buy it Armstrong will release a 1400 HA or something like that. I picked up a 1550 V2 and have really enjoyed it for winging and some of my wake sessions. It doesn't have the low stall...
  13. R

Post your Foil Pics HERE

It’s really fun doing DWers with a wing. Fall off and you can get started again. I would love to progress to this level and have nothing in hand though. Small board, small foil and just ripping the chop and pumping between bumps. Yes please
  14. R

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

Yes, that looks to be the same. I paid $378 with free shipping and $100 off for getting an Amazon VISA card. I sold my Slingshot foil on a kite surf classified site (when one of my friends expressed interest I kind of talked him out of it). It sold right away at 1/2 retail price so the guy got a...
  15. R

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

I held off writing this until I had some water time. I bought a cheap Chinese foil (under $400) off Amazon for something new and different to experiment with. It was cheaper than I could have bought a single front wing for my existing foil system. Here's the link...