Recent content by picklestein

1. picklestein

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

I must’ve missed something, but why no Strider these days? Kaipo’s rad, but he could use some help selling ladders & sunscreen. I dig Strider reporting from the channel & slappin high-5’s as surfers paddle past.
  2. picklestein

*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

Jack’s scorin tremendous double barrels.
  3. picklestein

Hill-Sachs lesion

Oh and to answer your questions… -yes, I’ve been told at some point I’ll need a new shoulder -so far I’ve done nothing except cortisone for the labrum tear, waiting for PT to give me correct exercises. -my rotator cuff is solid, strong, and undamaged. -“doomed” to me is no surfing & no...
  4. picklestein

Hill-Sachs lesion

Thanks for the info, Mr J. Good luck with your shoulder. I’ll definitely incorporate your ideas into my PT. My town is an orthopedist dream, but we got completely overrun during Covid and there’s no housing which equals no employees. Limited number of PT, but they’re all quality. The constant...
  5. picklestein

Hill-Sachs lesion

Anybody have any advice about surfing with a Hill-Sachs lesion? It’s fairly substantial and wasn’t present on a 2020 X-ray or MRI. It doesn’t give me much problems right now, but maybe there’s something I can right now do to reduce its growth. From my understanding, the HSL causes humeral head...
  6. picklestein

Lovemachine FM

:LOL:Funny, but not Ryan. I’m sure he would already know why some dude thinks he’s an a-hole.
  7. picklestein

Lovemachine FM

Just curious, why is RL an a$$hole? Don’t know the backstory.
  8. picklestein

Should I stay or should i go?

$485k doesn’t get you much anymore anywhere. I think you should buy it asap. You can always sell it down the road and go back to renting. You won’t make money off selling it, but at least you’re locked in now and can decide later if it’s not working out. Maybe in a few years the rental market...
  9. picklestein

Travel Medical Insurance for surf injuries overseas?

So final update for Global Nomads/Trip Mate. They came through and paid me in full for the travel losses that I had easy-to-find receipts. I’d recommend them, but I’d also make sure to book more refundable stuff instead I order to avoid having to scour the world for receipts. Going through the...
  10. picklestein

Update from my dealings with World Nomads….they’re very slow and ask for ridiculous info. I’m glad I didn’t include all of my losses for canceling my trip due to illness. I only asked for reimbursement for the 2 losses with the easiest paperwork to find. It should be an open & shut case for my...
  11. picklestein

I’m dealing with World Nomads right now about a canceled trip to Indo last month. So far they seem great and easy to deal with. But I haven’t gotten my refund just yet. I had to cancel 2 days before my trip due to illness. I got lucky that they require travel insurance for the place I was going...
  12. picklestein

Costa Rica 4x4 Rental for 1 month

I usually rent a small 4x4 suv from Alamo next to the Liberia airport. And it comes out to about $60 a day or less. Before COVID they even had a “Latin America deal” that was 20% off if I remember correctly.
  13. picklestein

*** Official Boost Mobile Gold Coast Pro thread ***

Jesus f-ing christ, what does it mean to be a “high vibe low impact product that is essential to any surfer” according to Kassia?
  14. picklestein

Look out UFC.

I thought you were warning us about these skills.