Recent content by One-Off

1. One-Off

Zone 2 training

Questioning is different than worrying.
  2. One-Off

Zone 2 training

Am I getting any zone 2 (mitochondrial) benefits? I do two runs a week. #1- 26+ miles- 8 miles zone 2 , then 12 miles zone 3 (walking/climbing/jogging up and down 3000+ feet in the mountains), followed by 6.5 miles zone 3. This last portion I’m not in zone 3 because I’m going fast. It’s...
  3. One-Off

Car totaled question

Tiico frankenmotor. Audi 80/90 block, VW head, custom oil pan. Installed by a JPL engineer. Worked great for awhile. Other mechanics marvelled at the clean install. Had starter problems the last year (used up all my AAA tows), after 3 starters and a new battery finally got it...
  4. One-Off

Dickey Betts rest in peace Brother !! )

At least the legacy has been passed on.
  5. One-Off

Car totaled question

4x4 and c-clamps?
  6. One-Off

Car totaled question

Enjoy. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=432802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  7. One-Off

Dickey Betts rest in peace Brother !! )

Bummer. One of my favorite songs of all time with Dickie and Duane trading leads. RIP.
  8. One-Off

Car totaled question

A little off topic. The day before yesterday, coming home from a surf I stopped behind another car at a stop sign. When th other car went I pressed down on the gas pedal and my car (85 VW Vanagon Westfalia) had died. I tried starting it. No go. Had it towed to mechanic. I thought maybe it was...
  9. One-Off

Car totaled question

Burns 3 quarts of oil every couple of weeks? Frame’s bent? Just take the money. Unlike what others have said I think you can find a better “urban assault vehicle” for 2k on Craigslist.
  10. One-Off

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

Choose your distance. http://www.mogollonmonster100.com/
  11. One-Off

Our second full day was on the 8 mile Fairyland Loop. I highly recommend this one. We saw maybe 20 -25 people the whole loop. What I love about Bryce is you are not hiking to somewhere, you are immediately "there." Every corner you turn is a stunning view and the ladnscape is constantly...
  12. One-Off

Few pics from Bryce- We usually seek out "strenuous" hikes to get away from the crowds. The first one on our list was the "Hat Shop." This was the beginning of the trail. We were not equipped- just regular shoes, no poles. We'd gave it a try but as we went a little further we were sinking to...
  13. One-Off

***The Official Running Thread***

How's your recovery going? After yesterday's run my instep on my right foot kept cramping all night. I had to walk around with the toes curled back. If they pointed forward/down even slightly it would quickly turn into an excruciating cramp. The muscle in the arch would feel like a rock. This...
  14. One-Off

Knee Pain

I’d go see a Doc or PT to start with.