Recent content by nolibos

1. nolibos

It only takes one aggressive longboarder or stand up paddler to……..

To screw in a lightbulb? To cross the road? (not sure what's going on here).
  2. nolibos

Jalama

Thanks for the info. Way back in the mists of time I went to UCSB and I have a soft spot in my heart for that stretch of coast.
  3. nolibos

Pyzel Mini Ghost

Just picked up my 5'7" mini ghost. Can't wait to try it out. No surf in sight up here.
  4. nolibos

Jalama

I am thinking of doing a poor man's surf trip to Jalama from the SF bay area (I am tired of being cold and I can't afford to go to far). What is the minimum swell it needs to work? Might try to go in September. It's pretty sad that only wearing a 3/4 with no booties is as close as i'll get to...
  5. nolibos

Dane Subdivision Suits

I have about 150 sessions in my subdivision 4mm, since this last Fall. Before that I had the regular RB2 3/4mm. The straight 4mm is nice and warm for the most part, on the coldest days here is Sonoma/Marin county, I use a 1mm vest under my suit. The seam taping is starting to fray and the...
  6. nolibos

Trying to make erBB board swapping easier

Do you like piña coladas? and getting caught in the rain?
  7. nolibos

***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

I've been doing my part, driving my car constantly, using plastic in all of its wonderful forms, but come on Global Warming. 47 degree water, and sh!tty waves
  8. nolibos

Saturday at around 6:30AM. Got worse with the quick ebb. Once I heard that the photographer was on the cliff, I couldn't find anymore waves.
  9. nolibos

There were a few over the weekend up here in Sonoma County. Just damn cold.
  10. nolibos

Why are Alex Honnold and Tommy Caldwell so much smarter than Kelly Slater and Shane Dorian?

Are surfers supposed to be smart? I watched two raccoons make sweet love in downtown Bolinas this morning at 5:15 am; no surf though.
  11. nolibos

Only a Surfer knows the feeling....

...of discussing the properties of small pieces of plastic (fins) ad nauseum.
  12. nolibos

High thirties air temp. High forties water temp. 1-3 with the very elusive shoulder high, one wave set. Very bumpy from the high winds the previous afternoon. Did some serious groveling on the 5'4" Lost Bean Bag. Livin the California dream!
  13. nolibos

Please stop discussing surfboards.

The sales rep. called yesterday just to check in on my order and make sure everything was correct. Gotta say, Pyzel has their sh&t together. Should be arriving just in time for some summer south swell action here in the SF north bay area.