Recent content by njsurfer42

1. njsurfer42

Keel fin feedback?

Almost 4m wait, but 100% worth the wait! Brian Wynn produced a stunning pair of fish for me. Red & blue are new additions, greenie dates to late winter or early spring 2014 but is still going strong. All 3 are 5’8”x21”x2 5/8” & about 12” across the pins. Captain Fin Co. Christiansen keel in the...
  2. njsurfer42

Maldives, worth it?

Pasta Point was my first thought as well...the resort has exclusive access rights but doesn’t just book surfers. When I did my boat trip, the line up was pretty empty each time we cruised by it. Maybe 4 guys, max.
  3. njsurfer42

Maldives, worth it?

Do it. I did a boat trip there about 10 years ago in August & scored some really fun, amazing surf. The non-surf stuff is great, too. I’ve convinced my wife that we need to go there for a milestone anniversary. Should probably start saving up now
  4. njsurfer42

Ryan Burch Goofy Parallelogram

God, I wish you rode bigger boards...!
  5. njsurfer42

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

I think it was either GWS or 20W who had one made back when it was first revived. 2010-2011, maybe? I remember it was red.
  6. njsurfer42

Solid Bento Box

I’ve found that they are less than responsive to questions. I reached out w/ some questions about a couple models I was looking at & considering for a custom order & they never got back to me. Disappointing, to say the least. I really like their alternative build tech & the look of the shapes.
  7. njsurfer42

Two More Witnesses Come Forward Corroborating Tara Reade's Sexual Assault Allegations Against Biden

So then you agree Trump belongs in prison, not the Oval Office?
  8. njsurfer42

How Many Boards Do You Own and Actually Surf?

3- B. Wynn quad fish, Bing Dart, B. Wynn log +1- 12’ Bark paddleboard fish & the paddleboard get the most use.
  9. njsurfer42

Dual foil keels— does anyone prefer them?

I’m sure those things play into it to some degree, hence my experimentation w/ a variety of templates...TA Hobie (removable & glass on), Rastas, Futures K1 & K2, etc...thus my preference for double foil glass on keels.
  10. njsurfer42

they feel faster w/ less input from me. Single foils I’ve had have all felt dead & that they needed a lot more input to generate speed than the double foils. I once took a great 5’10” fish w/ bamboo Geppys back to the shaper & had him grind them off & replace them w/ bamboo Hobies. Killed the...
  11. njsurfer42

I have not had any luck w/ single foil keels, either removable or glassed on. My best twin fish experiences have all been w/ glassed on double foiled keels. That said, I’m going to find out for sure soon, b/c I just put a double fish order in w/ Brian Wynn. Identical boards, one w/ Futures (in...
  12. njsurfer42

NVS

Really liking the look & dimensions of the large Marlin keels...might have to grab a set.
  13. njsurfer42

Do you have a SHTF board?

5’8 Wynn quad fish...classic outline w/ slightly more pinched rails vs a full retro shape...goes in pretty much everything I’m going to paddle out in
  14. njsurfer42

Keel fin feedback?

Yea, 50/50. We’ll see how it goes.