Recent content by nickpheous

1. N

*** Official Fin Thread ***

I run Roberts L (Generation series / it has inside foil) with flat foil rears and I love that combo.
  2. N

Christenson Lane Splitter

got it thanks!
  3. N

Varial RIP

Bummed they are done. I was getting close to selling my varial twinsman 5'11 for a shorter Ap version. Guess I'll hang on to it as its a great board just wish it was shorter. fwiw I've had more bad luck with varial boards than good. One seemed to get more rockered out (vbowls), a moonstone...
  4. N

Christenson Lane Splitter

How do you like the TKF? And that vs the Banjo? I almost ordered a TKF when I picked up my blindspot. I was intending to order an album sunstone but Tim's been nailing it on my hpsb's so...
  5. N

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Here she is. 6'0 19.75 x 2.6 33ish liters. Very stoked on this one! These are Tim's rails since I haven't established what "my rails" are :monkey:but he hasn't steered me wrong. Definitely feels more hp than my GX under arm. I injured my hand surfing last week so it may be a bit before I can try...
  6. N

Just got the call. Blindspot is done:jamon:
  7. N

Lovemachine FM

I'm curious if anyone has the 6'6 version and what they think of it. I have a custom 7'0 in p/u that I've had for a few years and its lights out good in pretty much anything. But have been interested in a 6'6 for a more aggressive approach. I had a 6'9 varial and it was very similar to my 7'0...
  8. N

Fins question - Quads - Foils….

I run the Roberts L Generation series which are like blackstix. Has that inside foil. Most similar to F8s in that they are pretty neutral. They work especially good for me paired with neutral flat foiled 3.75 rears (don't think they offer these anymore). Has a nice springy and loose feel in...
  9. N

Album Surfboards

I have a stock 5'11 varial (36L)and a stock 5'10 dark arts(34L) TM, both bought OTR. 34is is my SB volume. While the 5'11 looks big to my eyes, that board is so easy to surf. There's something about this board that just sticks late takeoffs better than any board I have. Also has a decent low end...
  10. N

Nice! I have a 6' x 19 3/4 x 2.6 blindspot swallow tail on order. Went to Tim thinking I was going to order a Warhawk but he convinced me that this is what I need. Should be done soon. :jamon:
  11. N

Album Surfboards

Yeah that's what I emailed Matt about. Something around 5'8. I think it over for a bit. I was originally looking for something for sloped wave faces with some push (ie HB at high tide, Bolsa, Oside Harbor) but based on some responses this may not be a good fit. That vesper dia you have looks...
  12. N

Album Surfboards

Yeah I’m good on mids over 7 as well. I emailed Matt about one as a groveler so something around 5’8. I’m 5’9. But now I’m thinking something around 6’2-6’6 as an inbetweener when not feeling like riding a short hpsb/fish and don’t want to cruise around on a mid. Thanks!
  13. N

Album Surfboards

Anyone have a Vesper? Curious how you size it.
  14. N

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

11 months:cautious:
  15. N

That sounds like just what I'm looking for. I don't feel like my GX is holding me back much but I did order it when I was 10lbs heavier and surfing less frequently. I'm out there daily now and just want something for what you described (tubes, HH+ pockety stuff). I sent an email to Tim. Thanks...