Recent content by Mr J

1. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

Have a great trip!
  2. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

will it be remote coaching where you send him vid? No good in person coaches available? I had to google null hypothesis - so you starting with the expected outcome that coaching will not have any effect on your surfing? Bonzers don't look like small wave equipment to me, but I know nothing about...
  3. M

Album Surfboards

you may well have measured them accurately. There is nothing wrong with having a measuring system that is different from others as long as you only use it to gauge your own boards. A disadvantage of a personal measuring system is that it can't be compared with others - say numbers published on a...
  4. M

YOLO ALERTS

Jack Robinson model in those dims - can't go wrong. I'm a bit shocked to hear that you not been getting in, @Retropete hasn't been complaining. So I decided to check your surf report, hmm that's a quite a mix of short interval swells you have there. I checked the Maroochydore cam (no idea if you...
  5. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

You are doing a different sort of floater to me. There is the over the roof of the barrel floater and there is the over the white water section floater. I'm only trying the latter on mushy waves. I have bottled out of all over the roof of the barrel opportunities and can imagine they would be...
  6. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

Jamie O'Brien has given coaching to pros for pipeline. I would guess some of that would be location specific advice. I should be open minded about whether coaching could say help me in tubes, because lessons for hp surfing was really eye opening to me. There was even an explanation and lesson...
  7. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

barrels is a very different skill to HP surfing. Not sure if coaching in any sized barrels could help lost causes like me :D I hope you get that Indo trip!
  8. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

You probably don't need it. I'm still finding my feet after a lengthy rehab and recent return to my fibreglass boar. Was introduced to me by teeroi on the YOLO thread here https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/yolo-alerts.234006/post-3836411 One thing I would suggest is if you are really...
  9. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

he is really good, doesn't need triactin. He says 5' 8" so a midget by erBB standards, but Asian scaled not a midget. I'm 5' 7" and don't consider myself to be a midget. PS surfs on my fibreglass boar went much better today.
  10. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

yeah, not pro style surfing, he keeps his arms much lower which leads to less aggressive arm swinging and a more relaxed look. Sometimes he is using the same pro technique eg. the bottom turn off the lip combo starting at 1-20 is the backside "waitress tray carry" - leading hand has palm facing...
  11. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

you probably don't need the triactin, its people like me and Yuri who can benefit. I recommend tiger-superman for all levels of surfing.
  12. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

My paddling fitness is good now. I put a lot of work into the rehab exercises and I've been back in the water a while now. The micro foamie has been good, it doesn't paddle or catch waves well because it is short, but its 35L means it sits high out of the water which was good for my shoulder...
  13. M

Brad Gerlach Wave Ki

I'm on the gear now. Its like having an electric motor bolted to the underside of my 4' 8" micro foamie. I had my best wave ever since my skateboard accident on it midweek (not sure what day as I'm surfing so much). Thanks for the cue, I just said to myself "triactin teeroi would shred" and I...
  14. M

Nerve damage to shoulder

I had an interesting appointment with the shoulder physio yesterday. He had got me to press all in one movement in a previous appointment a few weeks ago, instead of stopping head height. I had misunderstood the instructions for building up the weight with the dumbbells and was starting to go...
  15. M

Poast your strenf training program

I am living with some kyphosis and my back is good nowadays, which supports your idea that its not a problem. My back came good as a result of all sorts of prescribed things - impossible to know exactly how much if any of these things helped. To be on the safe side I will continue to fixate on...