Mr J's latest activity

• M
    Mr J replied to the thread Essential Body Weight Exercises?.
    I've been working on pistol squats since about 2 weeks after my rotator cuff surgery, so about 9 weeks. With my arm in a sling I...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to Aruka's post in the thread Varial RIP with Haha Haha.
    Or I could just tell you how much it weighs...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to slipped_disc's post in the thread Varial RIP with Haha Haha.
    To use a Duffy giphy…
  • M
    Mr J reacted to slipped_disc's post in the thread Varial RIP with Haha Haha.
  • M
    Mr J replied to the thread Varial RIP.
    PU blanks are fairly low tech. The raw chemical materials can be combined into two separate liquid mixes and stored. When they are mixed...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to freeride76's post in the thread Varial RIP with Like Like.
    South Coast, Burford Blanks and Surfblanks Australia are all top quality PU foam. Surfblanks super white is an insane blank. So light...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to enframed's post in the thread Varial RIP with Like Like.
    I absolutely loved my Hydroflex board, the one that you pumped air into. One ding though and you were kind of fucked, I was anyway...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to casa_mugrienta's post in the thread Varial RIP with Like Like.
    Yes. If I remember they use it to make stringers. This was probably 5 years back.
  • M
    yeah, I think hydroflex started off as Bufo surfboards from Germany. XPS foam that had the fibreglass lam punched into the foam at...
  • M
    that is a good thing to do with any stringerless blank, particularly if they were thermoformed rocker with springback issues like Sharky...
  • M
    That's what I was told anyway by the shop that sold it to me - a place which did a lot of aeromodelling supplies. So XTR use the blue...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to Sharky's post in the thread Varial RIP with Love Love.
    Hey, I was moving fast. The thumbs down was for the video. Considering all the problems no stringer was causing me, watching them brag...
  • M
    ok, so I was on the right track when I first suggested that rectangular slabs thick enough to accommodate rocker were being supplied. I...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to Sharky's post in the thread Varial RIP with Haha Haha.
    Now on the first side cut, when the blank springs UP? Deck side UP? The machine doesn't know that this has happened. So think about how...
  • M
    Mr J reacted to Sharky's post in the thread Varial RIP with Haha Haha.
    OK. When Varial first showed up in my shop, they brought in a rectangle of foam. I'm not going to cut that. I could rough out a template...