Recent content by Mr Doof

1. Mr Doof

Can we talk about Kristi Noem shooting her dog?

Seems like there are more than a few people who are 'one topic' voters. If I were running for office, I don't think I'd risk inadvertently ticking off a segment of pet owners with such a story.
  2. Mr Doof

Buying a CPO vehicle

The 'smaller' part of that statement is empirically true: However: Is this worth it? Consumer Reports says: We filled one tire per model with air and another with nitrogen. Both were filled to 30 psi (pounds per square inch) at room temperature. We set both tires outdoors for one year...
  3. Mr Doof

The Onion - Not Done

^ - I don't know if I would 100% trust The Onion with their headline dates.
  4. Mr Doof

The Official OBSF Support Group

I always figure this view close enough to gauge SF conditions. Looks like mild springtime winds with splash of color right now:
  5. Mr Doof

The Onion - Not Done

The Onion headlines for 1913 through 1919 is here (click me). Sample:
  6. Mr Doof

Different strains....

Got a seed from a friend, put it in the ground, well, actually a big clay pot, about a month ago. I had forgotten all about it. Will check it later this evening.
  7. Mr Doof

Car totaled question

Back in the day, this is how dear old mom brought back a VW Bug (after completing her stint in the consular services in Bonn)...it was her first car.
  8. Mr Doof

I found a 24 Hour Online DR for toothache

Amoxicillin for the infection, sure, but what about the pain? No way some antibodies are going to knock down tooth ache any time soon.
  9. Mr Doof

How’s the stock market?

Would those clusters be maintained in SMCI units? Please note that I have no idea if such a thing would be true or not, just putting this up there for the lolz and boost my pittance of shares. :p:computer:
  10. Mr Doof

What are college dorks protesting about?

Something to do with beer?
  11. Mr Doof

1864 MAGA 1864 MAGA 1864 MAGA 1864

12. Mr Doof

The official total solar eclipse thread

1 Drove to LA then Flagstaff, then Santa Fe, then Dallas. 2 Had sorry excuse for pizza in Flagstaff, Az, and Lewisville, Tx. 3 Stayed with youngest of my mean older sisters. She has a BMW 440 now. 4 Got snowed on in Santa Fe, and it was mildly sketchy to get back to I-40 5 Best mileage was over...
  13. totality3.jpg

totality3.jpg

Texas2024Eclipse2
  14. P1140846.JPG

P1140846.JPG

Texas2024Eclipse1
  15. Mr Doof

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

Got to see what is left of Lake Manly (in Death Valley) on the way back from Texas (to see the eclipse). Telescope Peak in the background (hiked to the top 2.5 times...the 0.5 effort was 12/31/1999. Had camped around 10.5K ft and overnight low temps were too much for the better half to...